Author Topic: Which camera profile to use in LIveCams Pro to access iPCam on iPhone  (Read 5919 times)

pipkato

• View Profile
I've set up IPcam on my iPhone 4 and it's working fine for internal network and external access from my Safari browser.  However I don't know what 'Camera' profile to select when I'm trying to access it from 'LiveCams Pro' on my other iPhone.

Can you please let me know what 'Camera' to choose with this iOs app?

Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The MJPEG URL that you will want to use is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/video.mjpg where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the local IP address. - http://skjm.com/ipcam/support.php#icam

pipkato

• View Profile
Thanks for that, and my apologies for not checking out the Camera List in more detail.

I had eventually discovered the info on your website.  However I'm still having problems.

I can connect to the IPcam source on my iPhone and it is 'Connected to Server'.  However to get it to work I have to use the 'Port No.' after the IP address.  I'm not using 'Port 80' as that is already in use.  Unfortunately when I then try to view it using iCam on my iPhone 5 it doesn't work. I end up with a freeze frame from my iMac's iSight camera where my iPCam source should be.

At the moment I have a Wansview wireless IP camera NCB541B, my iMac built-in iSight, and, using IPCam, my iPhone 4 camera.  I also have a Logitech webcam on my Mac Pro which I'd like to add into the mix.

I'm new to all this and a little confused.  Firstly I'd love to get the iPhone 4 iPCam source working.  Secondly, is there a way to get all four sources working together in iCam on my iPhone 5?  I know I can run iCamSource on my Mac Pro and add the Logitech there - it works.  But how do I get all four working in iCam?

Thanks.

pipkato

• View Profile
In case there's a clue there, I should also add that when I attempt to 'run' iCam while all three sources are 'Connected' in iCamSource my display changes from 4 windows to 6 windows.  Three are blank, there's the Wansview, the iMac's iSight, and a freeze frame from the iSight.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Please send screenshots to support@skjm.com, of the iCamSource Preferences window with each of your cameras selected so that we can confirm the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.