Author Topic: IP Cam / Raspberry PI  (Read 7716 times)

j4rbo

• View Profile
IP Cam / Raspberry PI
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:13:43 AM »
Hi

Couldn't see anything obvious regarding Linux on here (apart from really old posts saying there's no support for it but maybe soon), I was wondering if the IP Cam would work with Raspberry PI device at all?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=raspberrypi&cm_mmc=Offline-Referral-_-Electronics-_-RaspberryPi-201203-_-World-Selector-Page

It seems like an excellent idea to use the cam with than having a laptop or desktop powered on at all times at home when this device is powered by USB (and also it's own power plug).

Any suggestions on the Linux front for the IP Cam guys?

thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IP Cam / Raspberry PI
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
A version of ipCam for Linux has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future. Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans for a Linux version.

wyre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 11:18:28 PM »
Please add linux support - I for one would be willing to pay for a linux version as it would be great since you can get linux mini computers for dirt cheap and would work great for icamsource!

LabradorNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »
I've been investigating the minimum requirements too. Some of the newer Atom CPUs might suffice for a few cams. I've been itching for a cheap, small form-factor iCam server box. Linux would be great but Windows 7 isn't the total end of the world.

Anyone try any Atom based boxes with iCam?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »
Please add linux support - I for one would be willing to pay for a linux version as it would be great since you can get linux mini computers for dirt cheap and would work great for icamsource!

iCamSource for Linux has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future. Unfortunately, we do not have any immediate plans to implement a Linux version.

mactwin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 02:21:40 AM »
+1
with raspberry pi2 we have real possibility to have an icam server (source) without the need of a pc or mac turned on.
low power, low cost, it will be great!

pls keep in mind.
it will be even great if you will sell a pre-installed server using the pi2 base!!