Author Topic: Would our iBaby wireless cam we purchased from Apple work with iCam Source?  (Read 6342 times)

f13dfx

• View Profile
Sorry, my 1st post here.  I'll have to check the specs on our iBaby cam and go thru the config to see if I can do this.

Just wondering really quickly to see if anyone has configured their's to work with iCam Source software.

Thanks in advance!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We haven't tested with that particular camera, but if it outputs MJPEG formatted data, it'll probably work with iCamSource.

When you run iCamSource, you'll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn't something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera's IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address : login:password@Camera_address

f13dfx

• View Profile
Thanks!  I'll give it a try  :)

f13dfx

• View Profile
Ok, was able to configure within my own home network.  Am able to view my MacBook Air's webcam & the iBaby monitor in iCam app on my iPhone 4S, but when I try externally via 3G connection I can view the iBaby monitor but not my MacBook Air webcam.  I tried with & without autoconfig, and I enabled "Port Filtering" in "Gaming & Applications" (Ports 12000 to 12100) on my Cisco DPC3825 cable modem/wireless router, with no success.  I will try running iCam Source on my Zotac ID12 Plus Mini-PC and see if I can view the iBaby Monitor externally cuz that's going to be the PC running iCam while I'm away :)

We haven't tested with that particular camera, but if it outputs MJPEG formatted data, it'll probably work with iCamSource.

When you run iCamSource, you'll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn't something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera's IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address : login:password@Camera_address

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Are both cameras running on the same computer? Also, if you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the setting Also, reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

lvjoe

• View Profile
Yes, it works with the iBaby camera. This camera is just a rebranded D-Link and this URL works in icamsource (unless you changed the ibaby cam default port).

http : //mycameraipaddr : 14971 / video.cgi       (removes spaces)

You will also need the userid/password combo used to connect. This information is also available fro the setup screens on the iphone if you have this portion working.

These cameras seem to work very well with iCam, though WAY OVERPRICED!!