Author Topic: icam source stopped working  (Read 7492 times)

jdominicis

• View Profile
icam source stopped working
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »
I downloaded the application yesterday and it worked fine. You have done a great job. Today it will not work. It will either hang with a black screen or tell me that the program has encountered a problem and has to close. I downloaded the new non beta version and installed and the same is happening. I am running windows XP. Would appreciate help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: icam source stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
jdominicis - Have you tried rebooting the computer, and trying to plug your webcam directly into your computer instead of into a USB hub if it isn't already? You can also try connecting your webcam to a different USB port on your computer to see if that has any affect.

Are you sure that the iCamSource isn't already running, and you're not trying to connect to the same camera more than once? Rebooting your computer should remove any doubt in that respect.

jdominicis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:36:03 PM »
Thank you for the response. I am sorry I did not mention that I had rebooted. I will try a different USB. I don't have a USB hub. I will let you know if anything happens.

jdominicis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »
Well, before I did anything else, I launched the application again and sorprise! It is working now. Thanks for the help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »
 ;D

chuckster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »
Well, before I did anything else, I launched the application again and sorprise! It is working now. Thanks for the help.

My iCamsource also stopped working occasionally.  I finally figured out that it was due to my Cisco VPN client.  I'm running the latest version but you still have to be sure to turn off the VPN, bring up iCam, and then log back into the VPN.  If you follow that order, it works fine.