Author Topic: Playback on My Network  (Read 2402 times)

Merlin

• View Profile
Playback on My Network
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:14 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but when I play back an event when I'm on my network it moves so fast that I can't get a good look at people or what is happening.  It is almost a blur.  However on 4G it plays back at a steady rate.  I know that I can view it slower by using the manual process using the arrows, but it would seem that a play back speed could be set for viewing motion events.

Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Playback on My Network
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
iCam plays back the Motion Event images as fast as it can from the iCamSource.

To enable a delay in the playback for Mac:

Open an Applications > Utilities window and copy / paste the following and press Enter to save the setting before launching the new iCamSource: defaults write com.skjm.icamsource MotionEventPlaybackMinDelay -int 250

That essentially sets the option to wait 1/4 of a second (or 250 ms) before displaying the next image. This will result in a maximum playback rate of 4 frames per second.

If that is still too fast, you can change the 250 to 500 to make the maximum 2 frames per second, or if 250 is too slow, she can enter 100 to achieve 10 frames per second.

To enable a delay in the playback for Windows:

Copy / paste the following and press Enter to save the setting before launching the new iCamSource: http://skjm.com/icam/MotionEventPlaybackDelay.reg