Author Topic: Cannot connect to Icam on DroidX on 3G  (Read 3012 times)

rjgvt

• View Profile
Cannot connect to Icam on DroidX on 3G
« on: February 09, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
I've been using Icam on my DroidX (Verizon Wireless network) for the last 2 years without any real issues. I have Autoconfig checked and get UPnP success on 2 different Win XP computers that are running Icamsource. Until about a week ago, I was able to connect to Icam on 3G with no issues. I can connect to Icam on my DroidX on WiFi (my WiFi at home and others). The odd thing is that my GF can connect to Icam on 4G on her Iphone 5 on AT&T. Icam on my DroidX is 1.5.2 Any ideas?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot connect to Icam on DroidX on 3G
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
Are both computers running iCamSource, on the same network? If you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.) - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
The computers are on different networks. One is at a remote location on Fairpoint DSL. The one at my home location is on Comcast cable. Icamsource is running on both computers using the same login and password. Until recently, I have had no issues connecting with the DroidX on 3G. As soon I connect to a WiFi signal, I have no problem connecting to Icam.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »
Are you able to connect to one of the networks via 3G? If the new auto-configuration logic isn't working for some reason the next step is to manually configure your router for port forwarding. There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:38:54 AM »
I turned off Icamsource at home and tried Icam on my phone on 3G and cannot see the remote location images. Phone says "Connecting to Icamsources" and will attempt to connect until I stop it. It's strange that my girlfriend can see all of the images on her Iphone on AT&T. I might have to try port forwarding.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:28 PM »
Since you and your Girlfriend are on different networks, it is not uncommon that one is able to connect and the other is not. 3G,4G, LTE, and Edge networks are more complex and may require additional network configures.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:43:21 PM by SKJM Support »

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:27:16 AM »
Update: I bought a new cell phone yesterday. Went from Motorola Droid X (3G) to a Motorola Razr Maxx HD (4G). I downloaded the Icam App at the store and Icam popped right up with no issues. Maybe there was something wrong with my Droid X as it is 2 1/2 years old and discontinued. I was having some intermittent issues with the Droid X and sometimes wonder if Verizon throttles back signals to get people to upgrade and start a new 2 year contract.

FYI, SkyIPCam for Airlink cameras does not work on my new phone, but tinycam app worked on my old phone and new phone.