Author Topic: iCam Works over Wifi, NOT LTE/3G. I get motion notifications  (Read 28224 times)

WeisNoorani

• View Profile
iCam Works over Wifi, NOT LTE/3G. I get motion notifications
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:01:13 AM »
Okay so I purchased iCam and everything downloaded it onto my computer. Everything works fine over the wifi network but doesn't work over the 3G/LTE network. I tried port forwarding but on this website portchecker. net it still apparently says it's blocked and it also didn't work on my iPhone 5. I'm not sure what the problem is I need to get this fixed ASAP. Someone please help me.??????
-I also clicked port forwarding on the thing thats like 1200 to 12100 something like that I clicked that under autoconfig too i really need this fixed HELP! plz

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Works over Wifi, NOT LTE/3G. I get motion notifications
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
Please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to us so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

Mylz95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:21:23 PM »
Hi, I also have the exact same problem, do I do what you told WeisNoorani to do?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
If you have the manual port forwarding box unchecked, have uPNP enabled in your router settings, and have tried both checking and unchecking the "auto config router" setting and neither setting worked, then do what they told WeisNoorani to do.

pezo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:37:20 AM »
I have iCam Source installed on a computer at my office. I am able to view live streaming video from iCam running on my iPhone (from both inside my office LAN and from my home over the WAN) so long as I connect over WiFi. Since I am able to connect to iCam Source from "outside" of my LAN I assume this shows that the router at my office is routing the traffic properly...right? As soon as I switch my phone from WiFi to 3G I lose video. What's the problem here?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »
It's definitely a port forwarding issue. Have you tried enabling uPNP on your work router AND checking the "auto config router" box in icamsource? If you have, and you're still having the issue, then you'll need to set up manual port forwarding through your office router. The SKJM guys have explained the reasoning behind the issue on some other thread, but I don't remember what the reason was...something to do with network complexities and the connection logic used by icamsource.

pezo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:22 PM »
I don't understand, why would 3G traffic trying to get to my iCam Source be routed differently that other WAN traffic?

I pretty familiar with how to set up port forwarding. I have even put the router in DMZ mode and pointed it to the computer running iCam Source, still no luck.

In addition, my IP address is static and it's only providing access to a single router.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 12:31:07 AM »
I dunno....maybe the SKJM guys can explain. I would try actually forwarding the ports (and enabling manual port forwarding in icamsource...and disabling "auto config router"). I've tried DMZ mode before, and it didn't behave as expected in regards to port forwarding. Anyway, good luck!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
By default, iCam tries to use firewall piercing techniques. Whether or not those techniques work depends on the network configuration, which will be different on different networks (Wi-Fi, 3G, etc)

If the firewall piercing techniques aren't working, then the solution is to configure port forwarding, which should work regardless of the network configuration.

debmurr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »
Same here.  I just installed Icam and works great over my local wifi.  No luck with my Iphone 5 on LTE.  I have AutoConfig enabled and message says Successful. ICam error message on Iphone is Source Connection Error when on LTE.  I'm not savvy with configuring my own router and frankly afraid of messing things up if it takes that step. Layman's terms?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »
If you only have one camera, iCam usually works better (in my experience) with the auto config option unchecked in icamsource. Auto config seems to be a better choice if you have multiple cameras (again, in my experience). Try it without auto config checked and see if that works. If it doesn't, re-enable auto config and ensure that uPNP is enabled in your router settings (it should be since you received a uPNP success message in icamsource after clicking start). If worse comes to worse, you might have to set up manual port forwarding. It's tricky, but the manual for your router will explain how to set up port forwarding. If you run into problems with it, just post any questions/screenshots and someone will help you out.