Author Topic: Feature Request: Capture/Preserve Final Image Before Feed Goes Dead  (Read 2116 times)

jimmbo

• View Profile
If a tree smashes a window in a storm (something that's a high priority for me to remotely monitor for), it's also likely that the power will be taken out at some point by that same storm, leaving me with dead feeds and no info.

It'd be incredibly helpful (and likely not difficult to program) to add a "last feed" image, showing the last image for any/every cam before its feed went dead. Sort of a final screen cap.

That way, if I wake up in another city, knowing my power's out, I can check iCam and see something other than black....possibly useful info of what things looked like at the moment before blackout....the last moment for which data is available. I can't imagine anyone not wanting that.

Make sense?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:43:25 PM by jimmbo »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Capture/Preserve Final Image Before Feed Goes Dead
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:44:42 AM »
That is not a feature that has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

geezfools

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
seems like something that may or may not hog system resources. I do like the idea though, especially since many thieves are cutting power to the house before breaking in. I'm hoping to get a backup for my modem and iMac to get around this, but until then, something like this might be helpful :)

jimmbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
seems like something that may or may not hog system resources

a single screencap of a camera feed would require a few kilobytes of storage, and no other resources whatsoever. It is as close to "nothing" as you can get without actually being nothing!

There are a zillion reasons to do this, and no good reasons not to. And it's comparatively easy to program. I hope they do it.