Author Topic: Can't see other cameras unless I'm at the source.  (Read 6976 times)

whitreese

• View Profile
Can't see other cameras unless I'm at the source.
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
So, I got this yesterday.  At home, I have 2 cameras. They work fine.  At work, I have one camera, it works fine. But, when I'm at work, I can't see my home cameras and when I'm at home, I can't see my work cameras on the icam on my iphone.  Isn't it supposed to work this way or is it only running off of my wifi where I am?

Thanks in advance,

Whitney

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't see other cameras unless I'm at the source.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
Are your computer's configured to go to sleep after a period of inactivity? If so, and the iCamSource is not actively running, then you will not be able to connect.

What error message do you see in iCam when you are unable to connect? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

whitreese

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:27:41 PM »
No. they were all on.  It's showing the one camera that is the one that I'm next to, but for example, the one in my office isn't showing.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »
What error message do you see on your phone when it can't connect?

If you're seeing the Source Connection Error, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button?  If it still doesn't work with that option enabled, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

nikeboy72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »
My instance is similar. I just downloaded program here to watch my work office. I can see myself in camera, came in today and looked at all my recorded shots and everything worked great. Only problem is that when I tried to use my tablet to view webcam it wouldn't register/locate my cam. It said "No Sources Found - There are currently no running iCamSources associated with your existing login and password.