Author Topic: Foscam FI8910W on Mac OS X 10.4.11 NOT working  (Read 5497 times)

inclout

• View Profile
Foscam FI8910W on Mac OS X 10.4.11 NOT working
« on: December 01, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
I just bought Foscam FI8910W and it works great with iCam as long as the source software is on my Windows running PC (laptop). If The very first MJPEG link from SKJM.com iCam support page does the trick. However, if I try to use my MAC desktop as a source, only built-in camera seems to be working. It just says 'connecting' and nothing happens.

The Mac runs OS X 10.4.11. The reason why I'd like to have my Mac as a source for all cameras is that it's a desktop, it's rather old and I'm not using it that much. If I travel, I usually take my laptop and/or tablet. Ideally, the Mac would stay home so I could use it as a source for all my cameras to monitor the house. Our house was recently burglarized, so excuse me for being a little paranoid right now and wanting to make this work ASAP.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Foscam FI8910W on Mac OS X 10.4.11 NOT working
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »
Are your Mac and Windows computers on the same local network? Can you connect directly to the Foscam camera using your Mac's web browser?

inclout

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »
Yes, both computers are on the same Wi-fi network. I can connect directly to the camera from both my PC and Mac using pretty much any browser. The problem is, I don't like their default software and I was hoping I could control the camera from the Mac.

inclout

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »
By "their" I meant default Foscam software...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
You should be able to configure your Mac iCamSource to connect to both cameras, yes.

What URL are you using in the iCamSource to connect to your Foscam? Are you using one of the Foscam URLs from http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php ?

Also, if you could send a screenshot of the iCamSource application window with each camera selected to support@skjm.com I may be able to see what the issue might be.

Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.