Author Topic: Hide taskbar button?  (Read 5555 times)

Duc

• View Profile
Hide taskbar button?
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
Is there a way to hide the taskbar button? Can it be run in the background so other user cannot know it is running?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide taskbar button?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »
Several other users have asked for the ability to hide the taskbar button or Dock icon.  Currently, iCamSource doesn't have that feature, but there are several 3rd party programs available to hide taskbar buttons and Dock icons.

For Mac, a well known program to hide Dock icons is called "Dockless".  I've only tried it once, but it worked fine that time.

On Windows, there are a ton of utilities for hiding taskbar buttons.  I haven't used any of them myself, but from searching around for a free utility that supported both XP and Vista, I found "Hide Window Hotkey" by Elongsoft and "TaskbarControl" by Pointstone.  There are plenty of other ones, free and paid.

I hope that answers your question.

Duc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
Thanks for the help...I have figured it out how to do it without installing any 3rd party software. Now it is running completely hidden! I even deleted the iCamSource software so nobody knows it there. This App is amazing! Thanks to the developer(s).

Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
How did you do it without any 3rd party software?

Duc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »
Ok folks...I ran the iCamSource under a different user account, do not log off and switch back to your current account. This is done under Windows. I created a password for the other account so no one can log in. My main account has no trace of this iCam software ever installed. The only way it is known if someone using my computer to webcam chat, it would say that the cam is running in another application and if you want to stop it. You can also adjust the cam setting under your current account by the cam's software. Hope this helps as I may not ever check back in this forum unless I have questions. Good Luck!

stevencarrier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
Does using it under another account cancel the audio?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »
No, are you having trouble with the audio when you use iCamSource with another account?