Author Topic: iCamSource 2.5 OSX 10.8 instantly crashing on startup  (Read 2115 times)

rdtiii

• View Profile
iCamSource 2.5 OSX 10.8 instantly crashing on startup
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:07:27 AM »
Hi - I've been using this product for years without a hitch.  All of a sudden, sometime in the past few days (without any updates to the system), iCamSource immediately crashes after starting - I don't even have time to access any function in the menu before it disappears.  I have rebooted several times and the problem remains.  I have removed it from my applications folder and downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it, same problem.  OSX 10.8.2

Please advise.  Thanks!
RDT

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.5 OSX 10.8 instantly crashing on startup
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

rdtiii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, after deleting that file and starting the app, I completely reconfigured all my cameras just fine, but then when I hit "Start" it crashed.  Now it won't start again.  Why is this happening all of sudden?  It has worked fine for years, now it won't even start.

Thanks,
RDT

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you are running Mac OS 10.6.3: they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you are running Lion: it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.