Author Topic: Error saying No cameras are logged in under this user name.  (Read 1913 times)

artwindows

• View Profile
Error saying No cameras are logged in under this user name.
« on: October 21, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »
All was fine for years until now! I recently had to temporarily move my iMac to another room, so I am using wifi to connect.  My MacBook still works but for some reason my other three cameras, although they work and I see them working, I can't see them on my iPhone. Just the MacBook which is also wifi.

The only thing that's different is I'm not hard wired into the computer for internet but using wifi.  Says something like No cameras logged in under this user name. However, nothing is different other than the wifi instead of hard wired.  I can go back to hard wired but thought I'd check first to see why it would not work. I have AirPort Extreme and extended airport express as well.

It says THERE IS NO ICAM SOURCE ASSOCIATED WITH EXISTING LOGIN AND PASSWORD. Or something close to that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:50:56 AM by artwindows »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Error saying No cameras are logged in under this user name.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
It says there's no icamsource associated with your existing login and password, but still displays the camera feed from your MacBook?? My guess is that it's related to port forwarding. Do you have icamsource running only on the Mac, with 4 cameras (your built-in webcam, plus 3 other USB or IP cameras) added as sources? Or do you have multiple computers running icamsource? If running icamsource on just one computer, do you have the "auto config router" box checked? If so, do you also have uPNP enabled in the router settings? And have you tried rebooting your computer and router? You should see a uPNP success message in icamsource if uPNP is working correctly. Or you could use manual port forwarding if you have the networking skills to do that. Also, you could try changing your login information in both icamsource and iCam to see if that helps. I've seen a couple of people post about how a login info change fixed some of their connection issues.

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
It says there's no icamsource associated with your existing login and password, but still displays the camera feed from your MacBook?? My guess is that it's related to port forwarding. Do you have icamsource running only on the Mac, with 4 cameras (your built-in webcam, plus 3 other USB or IP cameras) added as sources? Or do you have multiple computers running icamsource? If running icamsource on just one computer, do you have the "auto config router" box checked? If so, do you also have uPNP enabled in the router settings? And have you tried rebooting your computer and router? You should see a uPNP success message in icamsource if uPNP is working correctly. Or you could use manual port forwarding if you have the networking skills to do that. Also, you could try changing your login information in both icamsource and iCam to see if that helps. I've seen a couple of people post about how a login info change fixed some of their connection issues.

I finally quit iCam source and reopened it.. and now it's all back again.. Thanks!  So it seems to be working fine.  I do have another question though..  My MacBook is always hit or miss whether it shows up or not.. I have to keep refreshing and eventually it comes up too, with my other 3 camera's..  It's an older MacBook.. the original first intel chip in a macbook..  so probably slower or something..  Sometimes it shows.. sometimes it doesn't and I get an error broker message instead..  Just thought I'd ask about that.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »
That's definitely a port forwarding issue. Make sure you have uPNP enabled in your router settings, and check the auto config router box in icamsource. When you click the start button in icamsource after making the checkbox change, it should give you a uPNP success message if it worked properly. If not, try rebooting your computer and router. If you have uPNP and auto router config enabled, you might have to do manual port forwarding. It's definitely a bit of a pain, but well worth it in my experience...makes iCam 100% reliable. I use manual port forwarding and never have issues as long as my Internet connection is working.