Author Topic: You guys almost have it  (Read 11483 times)

Emehr

• View Profile
Re: You guys almost have it
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »
Thank you for developing this software. I was burgled (that word always strikes me as amusing) a year ago and have been shopping around for something like this. I can't wait for the video support (or pseudo-video :)) in iCamSource. I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch so I mainly use iCamWeb to keep an eye on things at home while at work.

Will there be a way to designate where the still images are saved? I would like to indicate a remote drive in case the computer running iCamSource is swiped.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »
Yes, you will be able to change the directory where the images are saved.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 11:11:08 AM »
I take it it was rejected? :(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »
No, Apple hasn't even tested it yet.   :(

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »
Received an e-mail today saying that iCam 1.3 was indeed rejected due to iCam containing a call to a "Private API":

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/11/20/apples_app_store_approval_process_gets_partially_automated.html

That single call (a call to tell the application to terminate when there is no Internet connectivity) has been in iCam since the beginning, but I am assuming it was discovered by the new automated detection process. Strange that it took even longer than the standard two weeks for the automated process to find it.   :-[

So now a change that literally took 5 minutes to make and resubmit will most likely take at least another two weeks to be reviewed.

:-\

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 08:16:42 PM »
oh well, i'll look for it then

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that the new update should be available today or tomorrow?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
Today is day 13 after submittal, yes, but our records don't show Apple as having testing it yet.  :(

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
Any word?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »
We just got an e-mail notifying us that iCam 1.3 is now Ready For Sale, so it should be appearing in the App Store within the next 24 hours or so. :)

The latest versions of the iCamSource have also been updated to version 1.4 to support the Push on Motion functionality. They can be downloaded from http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

drdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 06:37:26 AM »
I jsut got 1.3 from the app store, now I need to get 1.4 for all my PCs.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »
Hey I love the new update.  i have a suggestion for icam users who want to see the images from other places or for security reasons are worried about loosing the images.  I have found that the free application for mac or pc called dropbox is very helpful.  Once you download it, you get a dropbox folder and anything that is put in it is instantly synced to the cloud.  All you do is make this your motion events folder destination.  You can either view the images from wherever on their website or in your dropbox folder on any computer which you downloaded dropbox.  It also enables you to get notifications on other computers which is great.  You automatically get 2 gigabytes free for ever and if you use this link you get 250 megabytes extra free if u use this link https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMxMjUxMzQ5 (you can also get much more space if u pay monthly).  Hope this is helpful, again i love the update and i hope skjm continues to release great apps and updates! ;D  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:07:00 PM by aen333 »