Author Topic: You guys almost have it  (Read 11484 times)

Bmurphyart

• View Profile
You guys almost have it
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:03:20 AM »

I have spent the last 2 weeks had tech support at my home just to be able to view my security cams remotely threw a program for mac. Finally I discovered your app and was able to connect with no problem.  Bad thing now is I can not view threw the security program. And have to pick security program which takes video and photos and sends to me by email or icam which has sensor and button but no way to record auto wise.  In the end icam solved all the bull.... Issues with port forwarding and all that garbage but lacks the options to be utilized for security reasons. By adding a auto record that can be sent to an email address would make this a way more powerfull tool in my opinion or have it be able to view other software that controlls webcams so you can still connect without the lack of recording features. 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: You guys almost have it
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »
Thank you for your feedback! :)

We are currently finalizing versions of the iCamSource and iCam that will support the recording of images when motion is detected as well as the ability to review these past "motion events" through iCam. We hope to have the next version of iCam submitted to Apple within the next week or so.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »
Have yall submitted it yet?, i feel like a stalker now but i must know. ;D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
 :D

No need to apologize ... Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. :)

We submitted iCam 1.3 last Thursday, so if it is approved it will most likely be available next Wednesday. (13 days seems to be the magic number these days.)

We are most likely going to release a video demo of the new features sometime this week, so hopefully that will tide you over until it is released. :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »
Here is a preview video of the latest version of iCam that is currently "In Review" with Apple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfF1WCiJqMQ

Hopefully they'll approve it soon.  ;D

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »
Thats awesome, i didn't realize you guys were doing video recording

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
It's not actually "video" recording, but is instead a series of still images, saved whenever motion is detected. You can play them in sequence through iCam so that they simulate being one long video stream, or just step through them to get a better look at the action. :)

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
It looks like you guys did a good job on it, i hope it attracts more buyers

Zarkov

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 02:22:04 PM »
This is great!  We finally have an existence proof of a night vision camera working with iCam!  But...what is the model of the night vision camera? 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »
It is an AirLink101 SkyIPCam500W Wireless Night Vision Network Camera - http://airlink101.com/products/aicn500w.php

:)

iphone2000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »
Great new feature!  Can't wait for the update to be available on the App store!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:31:14 PM by iphone2000 »

Zarkov

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 03:53:47 PM »
It's not actually "video" recording, but is instead a series of still images, saved whenever motion is detected. You can play them in sequence through iCam so that they simulate being one long video stream, or just step through them to get a better look at the action. :)
Very, very nice job, Stefan et al.  One clarification, though ... if the video sequence is a series of stills, is there a way to convert them to a quicktime movie?  I guess there must be, since you posted a YouTube video!  But you might want to clarify that in the release notes.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
Yes, good point.  8)

There are a number of ways to take a series of still images and output a movie. Googling "jpegs to movie" gives you a number of different options and tools for both Windows and Mac OS X. :)

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »
What is the capacity of images for each user on your server?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
The images aren't uploaded to our server, they are stored on the same computer that is running the iCamSource.