Author Topic: iCam Source Mac - no camera names in preferences left column  (Read 2774 times)

fhall1

• View Profile
iCam Source Mac - no camera names in preferences left column
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
I'm new to iCam and set up iCam Source on an iMac running 10.7.4 and a PC running Win7 on my home network.  I notice in the preference panel for the PC the left hand (cameras) column shows the camera name as typed into the bar above the video preview window, but on the Mac the left side cameras column always says "- Camera" and I don't see any way to change it.  It gets bad when you have 6 cameras and they're all listed as - Camera, but on the PC they have their proper names "Living Room" "Porch", etc.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the Mac version?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source Mac - no camera names in preferences left column
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »
You can change the name of the camera above the preview window in iCamSource. The option to display the camera name in the cameras list has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

fhall1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:21:11 PM »
Hopefully gets implemented soon....it's a handy feature on the Windows version and doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to implement (but what do I know).

swede76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:07:23 PM »
I've been waiting for this to be implemented for several years now.  I have used iCam since it first came out on the iPhone and it is a great app, but definitely needs the ability to label your cams in the source program.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
Unfortunately, it has not been the most requested feature, and is not currently at the top of our priority list.

fhall1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
Just because it's not the most requested - if an analysis is done, and it's relatively easy to implement - why not do it?