Author Topic: Dlink DCS-932L help  (Read 14450 times)

Spykke1138

• View Profile
Dlink DCS-932L help
« on: September 03, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »
Sorry if it's listed somewhere else but is the Dlink DCS-932L compatible with icam. And if so how do I get it set up in icam source. I've been looking and fiddling for hours and can't seem to get it up and running.  Please help!!!

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: Dlink DCS-932L help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
What have you tried? What computer operating system?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:23:35 AM »
We haven't tested with that particular camera, but if it outputs MJPEG formatted data, it'll probably work with iCamSource.

When you run iCamSource, you'll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn't something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera's IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address : login:password@Camera_address

1report

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »
Thats the camera i have. It works but no sound. i had to install the disc so that i could get my cameras ip address. It was hooked up to the eternet too. I followed the disk directions first. Then i went to icam web pace to see what correct url to use, it was my camera's ip address folleded by /video.cgi

example  http://***.***.*.**/video.cgi also check the MJPEG BOX.Thats it.
while  setting up from disk, the default user name is admin but you have to use your own password. Then on the icam source you type in admin and your password. Then you type in a user name and password .
example
admin     password
username   password
dont forget to select ethernet/wifi on icam source

hope i helped. You can also change camera settings by typing in your cameras url in your browser. It will ask for your user name and password. Type admin and password. There you can see your live camera view too and you can change brightness, contrast, etc. if you cant get the camera's dlink page use a firefox browser. You can also set camera to do schedule records, eyc. Its a whole new world in addition to icam's app. You can also stream on a computer from icam web.com Make sure you buy icam app for 4.99 so you can stream from smart phone or iphone because your cell phone will not allow you to stream from the websites i just mentioned above. Have fun. Its not hard. Just write down the cameras ip address when you get it by setting camera up from the disk.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »
Currently, the only wireless cameras that iCamSource (version 2.5) has audio support for are certain models of Airlink and Foscam cameras. All other wireless cameras, that output MJPEG or JPEG formatted data over HTTP, have video-only support in iCamSource (no audio). Audio support for WiFi Network IP cameras is discussed here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=1416.0

steveken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 12:13:18 PM »
Just as an update for this camera, I just got it the other day. Works pretty well as the user 1report says. Only problem I have with it is that I can't get it to detect motion through iCamSource and send a notice. It also doesn't record motion since it isn't detecting it. Not sure what's up with that. Wish it would do motion based activities. Other than that, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to use.