Author Topic: Active movie window  (Read 6288 times)

GJR

• View Profile
Active movie window
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
I have iCamsource always running on my computer, with the icon minimised in the tool bar. Whenever I activate the computer from screen saver mode, there is an image on the screen of what the camera is capturing with an Active Movie Window tab in the tool bar. I have to open iCamsource preferences and then minimise it again to close the Active Movie Window. Is this normal?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Active movie window
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
That is not normal, no. Have you tried rebooting your computer? Do you have any other applications or plug-ins installed that might be related to Active Movie? Perhaps something in the systray when you bring your computer out of sleep?

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
I have the same problem on my windows vista pc only when exiting full screen windows media player

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:16 PM »
From this Skype forum post (among other sources on the Internet): http://forum.skype.com/index.php?s=74772af7e98fd0dc9c40b9858a6b3011&showtopic=41205&st=20

... it looks like it might be something to do with either Direct Show / DirectX or the graphics card drivers. I would make sure that you have the latest DirectX installed as well as the latest drivers for your graphics cards.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
i deleted the direct show application and its associates, for me it only happens when i open and close fullscreen windows media center and maybe other fullscreen applications.  I have looked for solutions and found simular things and the most common solution is to change something in tools which is not available in the current version of windows media player, sadly i use it often because it is connected to the cable box so i can watch tv on it.  I thing my only option is to switch to a mac desktop which is my play for the near future, but for now i wish that there was a way to solve this.

jsemtp2005

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
hello, I too am having the same issue. My wife and I allow my 14yo son to use the same PC as we do. He has had some undesireable friends over to say the least.. So I was hoping to kinda keep a sneaky eye on him, however, when the PC comes out of sleep mode..BAM! there it is top left hand corner is what the built in cam is seeing at that time. My question is, is there a way to not have that window open? I purchased the motion push so I know when he goes on, but it wont do much good if when he opens it and sees himself on the desk top... any thoughts.. thanks in advanced

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »
Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your video card.  I've seen reports on the Skype forum that this issue shows up particularly on Nvidia cards with out-of-date drivers.