Author Topic: Ip cam and router  (Read 5568 times)

bradbutner

• View Profile
Ip cam and router
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
Im running a Mac with a USB cam running on icam as well as an iPod touch cam and an iPhone 4 cam running on ipcam.  I also have an xp running with 2 USB cams through icam. Since installing ipcam I'm having to restart my router almost daily.  Could it be related or just coincidence?  Before I dig too deep, I just wanted to pose the question.  Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ip cam and router
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »
Does the router work fine if you do not use ipCam? Please try running ipCam on just one of the devices to see if that improves stability.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:34:02 PM by SKJM Support »

bradbutner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »
Yes, wireless seems to be fine unless I cut IPCam on in addition to my regular webcams run through icamsource.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »
Does the internet stop working, or does it slow down?

Have you tried running just ipCam?  Do you see this behavior with one ipCam running, or is it only when two are running?

We haven't heard any reports of similar behavior from other users, so we are not sure what may be causing it.

RichardFudnavis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:11:33 AM »
Ok, so i have my main router called SUNSHINE, and connected to SUNSHINE via a LAN cable is my secondary router called SOLAR. both are d-link dir-615 routers. SUNSHINE is used with WPA2-PSK. Linked to that is SOLAR with no security but using mac filtering, no firewall.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:49:39 PM »
Ok, so i have my main router called SUNSHINE, and connected to SUNSHINE via a LAN cable is my secondary router called SOLAR. both are d-link dir-615 routers. SUNSHINE is used with WPA2-PSK. Linked to that is SOLAR with no security but using mac filtering, no firewall.

Since your local network has two routers, you'll need to put one into "Bridge mode" so that there's only one router on your network.

For further instructions please see the section called "Connect To  Another Router" on page 73 of your User's Manual here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dlink.com%2Fus%2Fen%2Fbusiness-solutions%2Fsupport%2Fproduct%2F-%2Fmedia%2FConsumer_Products%2FDIR%2FDIR%2520615%2Fmanual%2FDIR_615_Manual_RevA_v1_US.ashx&ei=QIlKUMGPF-WM2gXl04HQCQ&usg=AFQjCNGHIf7oCFOq171L9L5DyvtsgAj2NA