Author Topic: iCamSource 2.5 - Latest Stable Release  (Read 11563 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iCamSource 2.5 - Latest Stable Release
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
This latest stable version (2.5) of the iCamSource contains the following changes:

- User is now presented with a "Network Camera Offline" image one minute after losing connection with a network IP camera.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.

This stable release also includes many improvements from the previous BETA versions: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

The new versions can be downloaded below.

Windows - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.5.exe

Mac OS X

When Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is released later this month it will contain a security feature called Gatekeeper (http://www.apple.com/osx/what-is/security.html) that by default will limit third-party Mac apps that are not downloaded from the Mac App Store or digitally signed by the developer. In order to prepare for Mountain Lion, we are releasing two versions of the Mac iCamSource, one for Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 (Tiger & Leopard) and one for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later.

Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 do not have the ability to run digitally signed applications, so that is why they will need a separate build version.

Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.5.dmg
Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 (Tiger & Leopard) - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource_Tiger_Leopard_2.5.dmg

As always, if anyone has any questions, issues, or comments about the functionality, please let us know.

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:15:05 AM by Stefan »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.5 - Latest Stable Release
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
I missed 2.4.7 beta and subsequent beta versions, which all included the notification threshold. I guess I'm about a month and a half behind. haha You guys are awesome...thanks for the update. I was pleasantly surprised to see this feature! Like posters on the beta thread, I'll be glad to not get notifications for random cloud motion, etc.

I do have one question...and it seems like common sense, but I just want to make sure. The motion event minimum and notification threshold are completely independent of each other, right? In other words, with motion event minimum set to one, all motion is recorded (including random cloud motion/shadows/etc), but with notification threshold set to three, I will only receive notification if the motion (including random cloud motion) reaches/exceeds 3 images. If that's correct, I like this feature...gives me the freedom to go ahead and record all motion (just to be safe), yet only receive notifications if it seems like a more significant/longer duration event.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
I missed 2.4.7 beta and subsequent beta versions, which all included the notification threshold. I guess I'm about a month and a half behind. haha You guys are awesome...thanks for the update. I was pleasantly surprised to see this feature! Like posters on the beta thread, I'll be glad to not get notifications for random cloud motion, etc.

You are welcome! :)

I do have one question...and it seems like common sense, but I just want to make sure. The motion event minimum and notification threshold are completely independent of each other, right? In other words, with motion event minimum set to one, all motion is recorded (including random cloud motion/shadows/etc), but with notification threshold set to three, I will only receive notification if the motion (including random cloud motion) reaches/exceeds 3 images. If that's correct, I like this feature...gives me the freedom to go ahead and record all motion (just to be safe), yet only receive notifications if it seems like a more significant/longer duration event.

Yes, that is correct. The Motion Event Image Minimum and Notification Threshold settings are independent of one another, allowing you to record all events but only be notified by the ones that meet the threshold requirement.

LabradorNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 04:33:54 AM »
Updated to OS 10.8 and to iCam 2.5  - no other system changes

CPU usage on iCam has jumped from ~25% to ~120%+

And periodic crashes

Ideas?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:36:58 AM »
That's strange. We haven't received any other reports of high CPU usage with the latest updates.

What type of cameras are you using with the iCamSource? Also what model of Mac are you running the iCamSource on?

gabfab

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 07:15:01 AM »
Two of my 3 machines have upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.5, and they have the same problem. One is a mac mini running 10.6.8, and one a macbook pro running 10.8. My macbook air running 10.8 and 2.2.1 is running fine.

On the two machines running 10.5, there is no picture - the images in the preferences panel is white, and the machines don't show up in icam on a phone (the macbook air does). This happens both with the internal camera and a USB camera; in both cases Photo Booth works fine to show a picture (so it's not the camera).

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 10:50:18 AM »
Two of my 3 machines have upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.5, and they have the same problem. One is a mac mini running 10.6.8, and one a macbook pro running 10.8. My macbook air running 10.8 and 2.2.1 is running fine.

On the two machines running 10.5, there is no picture - the images in the preferences panel is white, and the machines don't show up in icam on a phone (the macbook air does). This happens both with the internal camera and a USB camera; in both cases Photo Booth works fine to show a picture (so it's not the camera).

I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion + it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
My CPU usage runs around 30% with five network cameras.   When motion is being detected it jumps to around 50 - 60 %. 

Merlin

gabfab

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »

I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion + it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

Great, thanks! That seems to have fixed it.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.