Author Topic: Feature requests...  (Read 2485 times)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Feature requests...
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
I don't remember seeing either of these features as request before...but I think they'd be easy to implement:

1) Allow users the option of choosing how the time is displayed in the motion push notifications. Mine always shows in military time, which is somewhat annoying. I haven't seen the ability to change the time format in the OS...so I assume it's an iCam(source) thing?

2) Require a somewhat secure password in icamsource (like 8 character min, including at least 1 letter and 1 number)...that should force people into having a more secure camera system. Many people don't realize how easy some passwords are to hack. Additionally, maybe a more secure password would reduce/eliminate the need for captcha on icamweb?

Chip

• View Profile
Re: Feature requests...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »
That would ruin the fun of icam

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
I don't remember seeing either of these features as request before...but I think they'd be easy to implement:

1) Allow users the option of choosing how the time is displayed in the motion push notifications. Mine always shows in military time, which is somewhat annoying. I haven't seen the ability to change the time format in the OS...so I assume it's an iCam(source) thing?

2) Require a somewhat secure password in icamsource (like 8 character min, including at least 1 letter and 1 number)...that should force people into having a more secure camera system. Many people don't realize how easy some passwords are to hack. Additionally, maybe a more secure password would reduce/eliminate the need for captcha on icamweb?

Thanks for the feedback, OUAnthony.

1) The primary reason that times are represented as they are is so that the motion events are presented chronologically when sorted by their file / folder names: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss All of the times are represented the same way for consistency. It is a feature that has been requested in the past, but it's not high on our priority list as it is not one of the more requested features.

2) This again could be implemented if it was requested by more users, but I personally just find those requirements annoying, especially when they get really involved and require mixed case letters, numbers, as well as special characters. Additionally, the CAPTCHA requirement for iCamWeb is to prevent an automated system that would plow through all of the possible 80 character hash combinations, since the login and password are used to generate a pair of hashes to ultimately authenticate and connect.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »
That would ruin the fun of icam

It seems like iSpy Cameras would be more up your alley. :) - http://skjm.com/ispy/