Author Topic: "Source Connection Error" Explanation and Solutions  (Read 26618 times)

mishap87

• View Profile
Re: "Source Connection Error" Explanation and Solutions
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »
hey
I got the same problem with my iCam, can t connect over 3G

I sent you an email from mishap87@yahoo.com
If you could guide me faster please, I really need to use this app asap
thank you
Misha.

Pharohbender

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
tried using 3g and got the same error actually worked fine over wifi... using an old speed 15.00 cam !! wtf  all good picture comes out fine but for the 3g issue that has to be fixed i use dorgem as well and this let me see my cam using safari although i had to portforward my ip ports first!!! come on guys get the problem fixed looks and works great over wifi but i dont have wifi on the road 3g must be fixed
excelent app great work

can you release a version that streams straight from the pc like dorgem does no reason to connect to servers, my pc is the server !! now that would be great !!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »
Have you reviewed the "Unable to connect when iCam is NOT connected to the same local WiFi network as the iCamSource" troubleshooting solution? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

Pharohbender

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
ahh  :D thanks for that will port forward the ports tonite and let you know the result  ;D

Pharohbender

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 01:47:38 AM »
worked a treat guys and the web cam works fine just got some new cams microsoft vx-700's and setup 3 and it works perfect motion detect, great software guys....
 :D

i will setup 1 more for a panorama view of my room, sweet -- watch out criminals  >:( anyone step in my room and i have 4000gb of images  ;D

iphone goes nuts as well sends about 5 beeps to warn me...

set up using a 720p cam from Microsoft for a friend as well worked a treat, also if you install a tv card you can hook up a dvr system or wireless cam and monitor the cams as well but only 1 at a time he was using some swan wireless av thing which switched from cam to cam, cams are shot so not that good but with new cams straight to TV card works good as well tv card used was a Leadtek DTV-2000H

by the way i had 1 different cam and lost the feed all cams are the same now the vx-700 and works perfect

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:50:14 AM by Pharohbender »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 09:48:51 AM »
It shouldn't be a problem if the webcams are different types. It may have been that the other webcam required more power from your USB bus than was available with the other webcams already connected.