Author Topic: "Source Connection Error" Explanation and Solutions  (Read 26581 times)

yoyosma

Re: "Source Connection Error" Explanation and Solutions
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 09:31:40 AM »
Resolution!

Stefan was determined to stay on my issue diligently and dedicatedly and I am now up and running. I have an EVDO card in a special EVDO router and needed some special configs to my router settings for port forwarding. Made the changes and iCam runs like a charm on 3G.

It is truly amazing to to have a one-touch access to a webcam in your home, no matter where you are remotely. Thank you skjm and thank you Stefan for all of your attention and boundless efforts.

-mimi

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 02:24:53 PM »
You are most welcome! :)

ilook

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 03:18:56 PM »
I have the same problem. In wifi everthing (2 cams in 2 laptops) works, in edge only one cam works. These 2 different mcbooks going over the same network (aiport express). Both cams worked for a long time, but now in edge just one. When i switch one cam in the macbook of, then i can see the other. I have an iphone 2g, 2.2.1 and icam source 1.1.1.

please help

ilook

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 03:32:10 PM »
also there is writen." broker connection error    your network may be preventing you from making audp connection to the icam server. please contact support to more datails".

then "source connection error    one or more of the icam sources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to"

but for a short time both cams worked. when i reconnected at the left butten on the bottom the problem came again

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »
ilook-  Does the "Broker Connection Error" show up every single time you run iCam or just sometimes?  The most common reason for that error is a poor data connection, EDGE in your case. 

ilook

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 04:56:16 AM »
whar does that mean. can i change something to get both connected?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
ilook- Could you please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ in your computer's web browser and e-mail your external IP address to support@skjm.com so that we can look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and hopefully determine what the issue is?

ajgoods

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »
Hi There

I just found iCam and dowloaded the latest versions 1.1.1 for my Mac and iPhone, and was excited to try it out. Sadly, I am getting the "Source Connection Error" message when I try and connect using the iCam app on my iPhone first generation. My Mac is a Mac Book Pro running Tiger OSX 10.4.11 and I have tried with both the built in camera and my firewire iSight, which both work in iChat, and I do remember to shut iChat before trying to use iCam. My Mac is connected to cable internet through ethernet, I have tried with my firewall on and off, and I have tried to connect with my iPhone to iCam through both a wireless connection and Edge with no luck. I do notice that when I try to connect using my iPhone, the iCam app on my Mac shows that there is one connection but then I get the dreaded message on my iPhone. However, when I use iCamWeb I can connect and see the video, albeit a bit choppy. Any clues as to what I can try to get this working?

Many thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
ajgoods - Could you please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ in your computer's web browser and e-mail your external IP address to support@skjm.com so that we can look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and hopefully determine what the issue is?

kpbkev

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 01:05:30 PM »
I have the same problem great on WI FI nothing on 3G it seems a common problem why isn't there a common solution, Icam could be a good idea wish it was free id have uninstalled it & posted the reasons why on i tunes regularly. o yes i have told support but asking me to do the same things over & over as yet to no avail. if it gets resolved id take it all back but don't think ill have to.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
kpbkev - For the small percentage of users that do initially have problems with iCam, it is usually that they cannot connect to their computers when connecting from outside their home network. This can be for a number of reasons, and the various troubleshooting steps we take are essential to pinning down the specific cause of the issue.

kontekakis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:32 AM »
hi i have a source connection error: one or more of th icam sources returned by the icam broker sever could no be connectedto.

when im using wifi the camera comes up no problem. when i switch to 3g im getting the error

mi ip adrress is  124.148.129.251

im using a a bilion router7800n with iinet please hlp

also in 3g mode im getting notifications
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:42:53 AM by kontekakis »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »
We currently have a BETA version available that includes some router auto-configuration code that works with most routers that support UPnP or NAT-PMP.

It can be downloaded here:

Windows Version - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.4.2.6.exe
Mac Version (currently Intel-only) - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.6.dmg

To use the router auto-configuration, check the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource Preferences window before clicking the Start button. A status message will appear above the Auto-Config Router checkbox that should give you some sort of indication of whether or not the auto-configuration was successful. (When checking the Auto Config Router checkbox please uncheck the Port Forward Range checkbox.)

Please let me know what the status message says and whether or not you are able to connect.

kontekakis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 02:37:48 AM »
Great feature worked a treat

thanks for your help

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »
You are most welcome! :)