Author Topic: Motion events recording, no live feed from iphone 3g with ipcam running  (Read 3079 times)

Mr.Electric

• View Profile
I have two cameras running on icam source running on a mac mini. One a Sharks network camera which works perfectly showing live feed and recording motion events. I just added an iphone 3g running ip cam. The live feed shows in the icam source preferences screen but not from the icam source ipad or iphone apps. The live feed is just completely black for the iphone cam. Motion events are recording from the iphone cam just a black live feed screen is the only issue.
I have both cameras connected to the router via UpNp to a Netgear WGR614. I also have both cameras added to the address reservation list under the LAN tab of the router settings.
I have automatic port forwarding on the iphone ipcam app and get a UpNp success message, audio off and image quality relatively low to preserve band width. Any suggestions on something to try to make the live stream work. The live stream does not work wether I am inside or outside my home network except it does show on the i cam source preferences screen.
Update: I tried changing the ip cam listening port from 80 to 81 and live feed works!
At first I thought this step had no effect but then I quit and restarted icam source on the mac mini and the live feed started working!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:59:30 PM by Mr.Electric »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We are glad you got it working! If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.