Author Topic: iCam works from website, not found on iOS  (Read 1319 times)

DonTotti

• View Profile
iCam works from website, not found on iOS
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:37:46 AM »
Hi, I have a strange problem.
I have two cameras on two different machines on two different networks. The first one is iMac and it works pretty much ok. I use my iPad and iPhone to look at the cameras.
The second camera is on a Windows PC. Both computers are behind a router with UPnP enabled. As I said the Mac works ok. But the problem is with the Windows PC. When I open the Web client from your website I see both cameras alive and woking. When I open the iOS clients, I see only the Mac camera, the Windows camera is nowhere to be found. Any idea what is the problem?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam works from website, not found on iOS
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
Do you ever see that error message when your phone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the Windows PC?

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3