Author Topic: Several Issues - Please Assist  (Read 1353 times)

d3johns3

• View Profile
Several Issues - Please Assist
« on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
I download the Icam Source Software and the Icam Iphone software. When I'm in my home using the wifi I can view the cam. When I leave the network and wish to continue on the 3G Network from ATT I get the "Source Connection Error" I've tried enabling the router so that it can receive incoming signals from Icam. I added an Icam exception for the wireless firewall but still I cannot view video. The interesting thing is that it will tell me there has been motion detected when I'm out on the 3G Network. So it's connecting but isn't showing me video. Can someone assist me with this issue? In addition is there a way I can just set the program to record video that I can then play back later?

Thank You.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Several Issues - Please Assist
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

Even though you are not receiving video, receiving Push Notifications is common. The Push Notifications use the Apple Push Notification Service, while the iCam connections are direct connections between the phone and the computer, so they don't really have anything to do with each other.