Author Topic: icamsource crashing on mac after adding ipcam sources  (Read 12804 times)

kylecordes

• View Profile
Re: icamsource crashing on mac after adding ipcam sources
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
I think it just crashed while running in the background.  And you are correct, the ipCam devices were not running.

My previous problem did not generate crash logs, so I would suspect this is something different.

Thanks for your continued concern and efforts.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »
I will try and replicate it using the same test configuration as before.

If your iCamSource crashes again please send on any new crash logs that you may find.

Thanks!

kylecordes

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 05:13:11 AM »
icamsource ran trouble free for over a week but crashed last night.  I will email crash report.  Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »
The two crash logs are not crashing in the same place, and are in seemingly innocuous, random places in the code. That usually indicates a CPU or memory issue. When running the iCamSource are you still seeing the low memory and CPU usage numbers that you stated in a previous post?

If the iCamSource ran for a week before crashing, then if you are able to run it again for that long, do the values stay more or less the same from day to day? Or are they gradually increasing?

kylecordes

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »
I've been up and running again for about 3 days now.  So far, CPU% stays between 12 and 15%.  Not climbing at this point, but I'll keep watching it.  Let me know if any other datapoints would be relevant, such as threads, ports, page ins, system calls, messages in or out, etc.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
Thank you for the update.

The number of threads as well as the Real Mem usage would also be useful to keep track of.

kylecordes

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »
Threads are usually 11 (but I've seen 12).  Real Mem is currently 23.2 MB.  I'll keep an eye on these as well as %CPU...

kylecordes

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »
icamsource has been running for a week now.  Performance measures remain steady, %CPU~14, threads 11-12, Real Mem ~23MB.  Has not crashed or shut itself down.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »
Thank you for the update.

kanchi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
Hi, first of all thanks for this great App. I have been using it from time to time as the were reports/warnings off burglar activities. As i use my normal webcam i do not have the option the the video is triggerd by an event/detection. That means that i stay many hours online on my iphone. As i have only 1 gB usage per month, i can only look a few times. Is there not an adres on the web i can goto to watch after login in ? I work on daytime with a computer that has a internet connection so that would be a great help :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
Hi, first of all thanks for this great App. I have been using it from time to time as the were reports/warnings off burglar activities. As i use my normal webcam i do not have the option the the video is triggerd by an event/detection. That means that i stay many hours online on my iphone. As i have only 1 gB usage per month, i can only look a few times. Is there not an adres on the web i can goto to watch after login in ? I work on daytime with a computer that has a internet connection so that would be a great help :)

You can view your webcam (video-only) from a remote desktop computer using iCamWeb: http://skjm.com/icam/web

iCamWeb uses a Java applet to connect to iCamSource, so Java must be installed on the computer.