Author Topic: iCamSource 2.4.7 BETA - Notification Threshold  (Read 11701 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iCamSource 2.4.7 BETA - Notification Threshold
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:45:14 PM »
Similar to the Motion Event Image Minimum feature that we introduced in version 2.4.6 BETA of the iCamSource, another one of the most requested features is the ability to specify a minimum number of motion detections required before a notification is sent.

Well now with version 2.4.7 BETA of the iCamSource you can assign a Notification Threshold for each camera in the bottom-left corner of the Motion Detection tab. You can assign a minimum value of 1 (the default) up to 9. The value represents the minimum number of contiguous detections required before a notification is sent.

Additionally we have altered the Motion Event Image Minimum trimming logic to include the most recent Motion Event once enough time has passed to guarantee that no more images will be added to the event. This should do away with any of those lingering below-threshold-image-count Motion Events.

* Since this is a BETA release we would recommend backing up any Motion Events that you do not want accidentally deleted in case there are still some issues to work out with the trimming logic.

The new versions can be downloaded below.

Windows - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.4.7.exe

Mac OS X

When Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is released next month it will contain a security feature called Gatekeeper (http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/security.html) that by default will limit third-party Mac apps that are not downloaded from the Mac App Store or digitally signed by the developer. In order to prepare for Mountain Lion, we are going to be releasing two versions of the Mac iCamSource, one for Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 (Tiger & Leopard) and one for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later.

Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 do not have the ability to run digitally signed applications, so that is why they will need a separate build version.

Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.4.7.dmg
Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 (Tiger & Leopard) - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource_Tiger_Leopard_2.4.7.dmg

As always, if anyone has any questions, issues, or comments about the functionality, please let us know.

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:55:50 PM by Stefan »

Berlingoman

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.4.7 BETA - Notification Threshold
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
Thanks a lot for fast develop - i Will test  this new feature  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:47:30 PM by Berlingoman »

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »
I have to say I love this APP!!!  Now there is no notification for the stray bird that flies across the camera view in one frame.  No notification of a shadow change.  Only a notification after whatever I set the frame setting at....
The only thing that would make that better is if I could set it in the scheduler tab, but awesome addition.

Thanks,
Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
I have to say I love this APP!!!  Now there is no notification for the stray bird that flies across the camera view in one frame.  No notification of a shadow change.  Only a notification after whatever I set the frame setting at....
The only thing that would make that better is if I could set it in the scheduler tab, but awesome addition.

Thanks,
Merlin

Thanks for the great feedback. :)

Those options will probably be added to the scheduler sometime in the future.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 06:28:39 AM »
Seems I always manage to have the "weird stuff!"

I still have the "occasional" single-image event saved in my folders.  Oddly, when I check iCam (view motion events), if there is a single image event shown, I can go to the computer running iCamSource and there is an error box with "UnauthorizedException Error" with no information, only an OK button.

I continue to accumulate single-image events, until I click the OK button.

That computer: Win XP SP3, all updates current, .NET Frame current.

Screenshot of error box sent via email.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:35:11 PM by dkb52 »

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
As is "normal" for SKJM support; my issue has been resolved  :D

rlb2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »
Thanks for this update!  Donated again!  great support!