Author Topic: 2 cameras seen in iCam Source, only one on iCam/phone  (Read 2463 times)

camoscato

• View Profile
2 cameras seen in iCam Source, only one on iCam/phone
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »
Hi,

Running iCam Source 2.4.4 BETA on an HP laptop running Windows 7.  I've got a built-in webcam, and have plugged in a second webcam via USB.  I can see both cameras in iCam Source, but on my HTC Wildfire phone running Android 2.2.1 I can only see the built-in camera in iCam.  I've played around with the settings on the PC, but haven't found a way to see the second/USB webcam on my phone.

[edited to add] I tried running Skype at the same time iCam Source was running, and was unable to see either the built-in or USB cameras in Skype while iCam was using them.  Just a guess, but would this indicate the laptop isn't able to output two cameras simultaneously?

Any ideas?

p.s. I did a search, but couldn't find the answer.  Sorry if I've overlooked it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:19:45 AM by camoscato »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: 2 cameras seen in iCam Source, only one on iCam/phone
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
It sounds like it's probably a port forwarding issue. Did you check the "auto config router" box in icamsource? If not, try checking it. If it still doesn't work, make sure uPNP is enabled in your router's settings.

camoscato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I checked Auto-Configure Router and made sure uPnP is enabled on the router, but the situation is the same.  Any other things to check?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
Also, please make sure that you are using the exact same login and password for both of the cameras. When you use that same login/password in iCam on your iPhone, it will show all of the cameras that are using that exact login/password.

camoscato

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
Sorry for the delay in replying.  Both cameras have the same password and user name, but I still only see one of them on my Android phone.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
As OUAnthony suggested, please make sure UPnP is enabled in your router's settings.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:45 PM »
You might have to resort to manual port forwarding if uPNP isn't working for you. Are you getting a uPNP success message in iCam for the cameras? If not, what do they say?

camoscato

• View Profile
SOLVED: 2 cameras seen in iCam Source, only one on iCam/phone
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
Manual port forwarding fixed it, and now I can see both cameras.  In case anyone else has a similar problem, I followed the instructions in this link:

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

Thanks to both of you for your help & patience!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.