Author Topic: Auto-Start  (Read 23521 times)

satom

• View Profile
Re: Auto-Start
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
The issue ended up being that I created the process first, then installed icamsource. Now is there a way to force icamsource to do a higher resolution to Icam or to recorded motion events?  Regardless of what apple wanted limited?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:24 AM »
Tried what you suggested several times. It keeps changing back once I start the service.   How to you have the login set for the service?  This is very frustrating.

For the service I use the same account that I login to the computer with. I also have it set up for auto-delayed startup. As far as I know, the resolution is not dictated by icamsource...it's determined by the settings for the webcam (managed by the camera's original software and possibly Windows) or the settings in the IP camera's webpage.

satom

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 06:40:40 AM »
My webcam being a USB built in webcam capable of supporting 1280x1024, is it possible in the service i created to adjust the appparameters string value in the registry to dictate what resolution I want icamsource to use?  I am trying to find a way to get 1280x1024 recorded images.

I have an Acer netbook with the acer crystal eye software for the default webcam software. It's default resolution is 640x480 and when I change the resolution to something higher it always defaults back after I exit and restart the program. I know there has to be a way to do this. I tried using manycam to do this but it forced resolution to 320x240.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
My webcam being a USB built in webcam capable of supporting 1280x1024, is it possible in the service i created to adjust the appparameters string value in the registry to dictate what resolution I want icamsource to use?  I am trying to find a way to get 1280x1024 recorded images.

I have an Acer netbook with the acer crystal eye software for the default webcam software. It's default resolution is 640x480 and when I change the resolution to something higher it always defaults back after I exit and restart the program. I know there has to be a way to do this. I tried using manycam to do this but it forced resolution to 320x240.

Thank you for your post.

The reason that the 640x480 resolution is used is because of bandwidth limitations imposed by Apple and because of the size of the display.

satom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »
What if I am not using I cam and am only viewing and recording locally?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »
Specifications within iCamSource are specifically designed for use with iCam and not as a stand-alone desktop application. An option to be able to change the resolution has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »
This is great help, however something isn't working right.  I have iCam source running as a service under the admin account and it looks like it's trying to work (task manager shows icamsource.exe running- with memory but no CPU usage) but after a couple of minutes it exits on its own.  I cannot connect through the phone application at any point.  I looked in the event viewer and see a ".NET Runtime 2.0 Error" in the system log (EventType clr20r3, P1 icamsource.exe, P2 0.0.0.0, P3 4e8e382a, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4d8c1dde, P7 48b9, P8 96, P9 system.invalidoperationexception, P10 NIL.).

It seems that .Net 2.0 is having an issue when I try to run iCam source as a service so I verified that .Net 2 is installed and working correctly using an MS tool.  I tried reinstalling iCam source and nothing changed.  A web search on the event log is saying that it's a .Net bug in the code or "something" else.  Either way, it's beyond my ability to troubleshoot.

Any ideas?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
How many cameras do you have added in icamsource? If more than one, have you tried manual port forwarding, or at least auto router configuration check in icamsource with uPNP enabled in your router? The only time icamsource ever crashed on me was when iCam tried to access icamsource for the video feeds, but was unable to connect due to port forwarding issues. As soon as I set up manual port forwarding, I had no more crashes.

That's just one idea...I'm sure there are others.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »
Oh, another idea...you have icamsource running only as a service, and not also starting up through Windows, right? In other words, once you're logged into your computer and go into the task manager, you only see icamsource once, right?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
This is great help, however something isn't working right.  I have iCam source running as a service under the admin account and it looks like it's trying to work (task manager shows icamsource.exe running- with memory but no CPU usage) but after a couple of minutes it exits on its own.  I cannot connect through the phone application at any point.  I looked in the event viewer and see a ".NET Runtime 2.0 Error" in the system log (EventType clr20r3, P1 icamsource.exe, P2 0.0.0.0, P3 4e8e382a, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4d8c1dde, P7 48b9, P8 96, P9 system.invalidoperationexception, P10 NIL.).

It seems that .Net 2.0 is having an issue when I try to run iCam source as a service so I verified that .Net 2 is installed and working correctly using an MS tool.  I tried reinstalling iCam source and nothing changed.  A web search on the event log is saying that it's a .Net bug in the code or "something" else.  Either way, it's beyond my ability to troubleshoot.

Any ideas?

Please try updating the .Net (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851)

It's also possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Also, download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.