Author Topic: Help with getting logitech webcam to work on Mac Mini  (Read 4503 times)

cloudy2k

• View Profile
Help with getting logitech webcam to work on Mac Mini
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »
Hi All,

I tried searching around and couldn't find anything relevant to help.  Please help as you can!

I have a Logitech webcam with a Macam driver on it that allows it to be used on my mac.  Works well!  When trying it in icamsource - I was getting it recognized, but the view was "whited" out.  I just updated to the latest version and now there is no choice for video at all any more.  Any help and/or documentation you have available for setting up a Logitech webcam on a mac would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with getting logitech webcam to work on Mac Mini
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:15:08 PM »
There were a few users having a similar problem with Macam and the Playstation webcam, please see this thread: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=374.0

Is that what your video looks like?  Let me know if the solution in that thread doesn't resolve your problem.

cloudy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:01:05 AM »
Thanks for your response.  I was getting that exact image other users had posted in the last version of icamsource that I had on my mac.  However, part of the problem is that with the update (1.3.5), I don't have any video sources available.  Any idea on why I was able to connect to my webcam with the last version, but not the current so I can get back to the bad image and apply the settings you linked?

Thanks!!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »
Does your webcam work correctly in the PhotoBooth application?

If you are running any other programs that capture video from your camera, such as iChat, please quit them and re-launch iCamSource to see if your camera shows up in the list.

Have you rebooted your computer since you first saw this problem?  If not, please reboot.

cloudy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »
Yep, I've rebooted and no help and just tried again.  Nothing else is running, but yes, my camera works in Photobooth.  Any chance I could get the last build to install (prior to 1.3.5) to see if I can get the camera listed again?

Thanks

cloudy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »
OK, I deleted the app and installed the latest off the site and have the video showing!!!  Now just trying to get it not to be whited out.

cloudy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
Ok, so I can't get it to work properly.  I'm stuck at the whitish screen and motion is sensed and all, but the image doesn't come through properly as discussed in the other threads.  I can't get the latest macam from cvs as the link doesn't exist - can someone post it?  Any other advice?

Thanks for all of the help!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile

cloudy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:13 AM »
Thanks, but it still is "whited" out!  I already purchased the icam on the iphone and the push notifications, so if there is any advice that can be given, I would greatly appreciate it.  I am trying to use this as a nanny cam!

Thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
Did you change the settings in Macam to SIF 320x240?  That was the setting that worked for the people in the other Macam thread.