Author Topic: iCamWeb will not work at all  (Read 2222 times)

fxmodels

• View Profile
iCamWeb will not work at all
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »
My question is related to the fact that iCamWeb will not work at all.

It worked ONE and only one time when I first started Icamweb a month ago. Now whenever I try it, it just continues to show the "connecting" message forever. It doesnt time out, it doesnt do anything. The screen is still live, as I can click on the link just below the word "connecting"...
I have the iPhone version running at the same time and I see the video just fine... Why is there a problem? What can be wrong?

I have an XP Pro machine with the latest firefox version and latest Java update... Just to say that up front... I also have the latest update to ICamSource running on the machine in my shop that this is tied to. As I said, it worked ONE time when I first started it and then never more.
Marc

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamWeb will not work at all
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
If you never see any additional error message it may be that either 1) Java is not up-to-date or is disabled, or 2) Javascript is disabled.

Are either of those items the issue?

fxmodels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
If you never see any additional error message it may be that either 1) Java is not up-to-date or is disabled, or 2) Javascript is disabled.

Are either of those items the issue?

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for responding. Javascript is enabled and as far as my Java version, I saw a 6 show up somewhere along the way today when checking that. Not much help on my Java version I am afraid.
It still does not work...
Marc

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
Have you tried in Internet Explorer as opposed to Firefox? It shouldn't make a difference, but I would be interested in seeing what the results were.