Author Topic: UPnP May Not be Enabled  (Read 5569 times)

Merlin

• View Profile
UPnP May Not be Enabled
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »
     Just a note.  I am spreading my six cameras between two computers to optimize camera performance.  One computer is directly connected to the modem and the other is connected wirelessly.  The computer that is directly connected has a UPnP Success message once I start iCamSource.  The wireless computer gets a UPnP May Not be Enabled message.  My modem is UPnP enabled. 

Any Suggestions?  Oh and I am using the Beta version 2.3.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UPnP May Not be Enabled
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
Does your modem have an integrated router or is your router a separate device? If your router is a separate device, you may need to enable UPNP on it in order for the auto-configuration logic to work.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »
To be more specific it is integrated and it is a Ubee Wireless Router. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
Thanks for that additional information.

Please try connecting the computer that isn't working directly to the modem with an ethernet cable to see if it starts working correctly.

andersruben

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
I am having the same problem. Does this mean that I cannot wirelessly use one of my webcams?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
I am having the same problem. Does this mean that I cannot wirelessly use one of my webcams?

Are you attempting to connect a WiFi Network IP camera to iCamSource or do you have multiple computers that you are using?

If you are attempting to add a stand-alone network IP camera, you first need to find the correct MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera. Enter it along with your camera's Login and Password (if any) into the iCamSource.

More detailed instructions are available at our Getting Started pages: http://skjm.com/icam/help/#setup