Author Topic: iCam Source now crashes without any changes  (Read 1726 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
iCam Source now crashes without any changes
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
I've been running 4 webcams continuesly for almost 2 years now using iCam Sourse 2.2.3 On a Windows 7 PC without any problems. All 4 motion record to an external hard drive. Everything has worked flawlessly in the past. Today I got an error about the hard drive so I unplugged and replugged it in. When I went to relaunch iCam, it stayed up for a minute or so then crashed. I tried relaunching, same crash. I then reset my computer, same crash. Finally, I disabled the motion record but iCam is still crashing upon launch every time. Like I said I've been running this set up a long time now and never had this problem. I haven't made any changes or updates that might interfere with Source. Can anyone help?!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCam Source now crashes without any changes
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
Have you tried cleaning the registry? They have a .reg file on here somewhere that will delete the icamsource entries from the registry...then you just need to set up your cameras and preferences again...and hopefully you'd be back up and running after that. It could be that your hard drive's assigned letter changed or a Windows update affected how the webcam drivers interact with the OS and icamsource or that the webcam drivers were updated. Who knows?! If you search the forum for "registry" or ".reg" (without the quotes), you should be able to find the registry file I'm talking about.

rkivz

• View Profile
Re: iCam Source now crashes without any changes
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
I will try the reg. fix, thank you. If that doesn't do the trick how about an uninstall/reinstall? Also, as I said, I'm running an older version of Source (2.2.3) because I was nervous about upgrading to the current version. Have all the bugs been worked out yet? Thank you for all your help!