Author Topic: D-Link DCS-390L and iCam app  (Read 3660 times)

PCKid

• View Profile
D-Link DCS-390L and iCam app
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:15:48 PM »
I bought two of these and at the moment they have a buy one get one free by redemption offer so will end up with 4. At the moment they are running wirelessly with the mydlink app on the iPad and iPhone. Horrible apps compared to iCam app. However whilst i can get my iSight camera on my iMac working with iCamSource I've had no luck so far with the iCam app. I Can't work out how to add them in iCam Source. I bought IP Cam Config and that finds nothing. Any help would be appreciated as iCam is so much better than D-Links own apps. Plus they weren't Universal so had to buy the iPad app which was as bad as the iPhone app.

Since this got them working. Brilliant. But they are both called camera same as the iSight one. Can they be named?

Looking an idiot here I've worked out the naming too.  :P Actually I read the instructions on your website. But images on iPad in full screen are not sharp with image quality slider all the way to the right. The D-Link app is much sharper. I'm probably going to find out how  to fix that now.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:48:30 PM by PCKid »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: D-Link DCS-390L and iCam app
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

The image quality slider changes the compression level. When the slider is set to 'Better Image Quality', the compression level is at the lowest setting allowed by Apple's bandwidth usage requirements.