Author Topic: Auto-Start Multiple Cameras  (Read 46342 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Start Multiple Cameras
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 12:50:09 AM »
dean.testa - In order to troubleshoot further, I'll need you to email the external IP address of the computer running iCamSource to support@skjm.com. To get that, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
Since this thread is stickied I thought it would be a good idea to ask this question here.

Prior to iCamsource 2.x I was running multiple instances of iCamsource.exe as Windows services, so that they would start automatically in the event the machine was rebooted.  Now of course all that is changed what with the ability in iCamsource to set up as many cameras as you want.

I see the 'auto start' option in iCamsource but I expect you must log in to the computer in order to get iCamsource to start up.  My goal is to get iCamsource started automatically if the computer reboots (automatic service pack installation, etc) so that if I'm not home to log in and start it I can still get it to come on automatically when the machine boots.

So, here's my question.  Can I just re-purpose one of my old Windows services to start iCamsource as a service still, but without the AppParameters being set, so that it just starts iCamsource itself?  Is there a better/easier way to do this?

Thanks.

icam-c-u

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 02:12:25 PM »
Since this thread is stickied I thought it would be a good idea to ask this question here.

Prior to iCamsource 2.x I was running multiple instances of iCamsource.exe as Windows services, so that they would start automatically in the event the machine was rebooted.  Now of course all that is changed what with the ability in iCamsource to set up as many cameras as you want.

I see the 'auto start' option in iCamsource but I expect you must log in to the computer in order to get iCamsource to start up.  My goal is to get iCamsource started automatically if the computer reboots (automatic service pack installation, etc) so that if I'm not home to log in and start it I can still get it to come on automatically when the machine boots.

So, here's my question.  Can I just re-purpose one of my old Windows services to start iCamsource as a service still, but without the AppParameters being set, so that it just starts iCamsource itself?  Is there a better/easier way to do this?

Thanks.

Some people have reported setting up all the camera's and clicking on auto start and then placing a shortcut in the start up menu to do the trick.
Others use batch files.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
He's referring to icamsource starting up when the computer turns on...not only when someone is logged in as a user. Viop-ninja, I still use your instructions to run it as a service and deleted the AppParameters from the registry for the icamsource service. Works fine for me. Just make sure that you've previously ran icamsource and input all sources/settings, started icamsource, stopped it (to ensure settings are saved), and then exited it before running the service.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »
I had 1 camera working, added another laptop computer and camera worked fine. I moved the laptop to a different location, restarted my laptop, when I look at my Ipad I see 3 cameras, the two current live ones and a frozen one when I first added the laptop. No matter what I do , I cannot get rid of the 3rd frozen picture from my Ipad. Any ideas??

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »
If there is an extra "frozen" image in iPad you probably have an extra, stale instance of the iCamSource running. Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »
The reboot worked, thanks.

fungus

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 01:27:42 AM »
Is there a way to make a webpage with multiple camera streams on it?