Author Topic: Auto-Start Multiple Cameras  (Read 46473 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Start Multiple Cameras
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »
The problem with "=" in the URL should be fixed in the latest version of iCamSource (1.3.6) available here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

Please note that you must have iCam 1.2.1 installed on your iPhone or iPod before installing iCamSource 1.3.6.

Graydon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 03:39:06 PM »
I have been trying to run 5 instances of iCam on a Mac...When they autostart, their configurations are all mixed up...I need to go into each preference and change the login name again each time. Once setup, they run fine, until its rebooted.

Since you have to make a copy of the iCamSource.app to run more than one iCamSource at the same time, the Mac version is able to remember the previous settings for each copy, so if you check the Auto Start checkbox and add them to your System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items then the iCamSources will be launched and started every time you login.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »
Graydon - Currently, the login and password are saved once per computer, which limits you to four instances auto-running per computer.  It doesn't need to be that way, this is just the first time it's come up :) 

We'll change it so that the login and password are stored separately for each copy of iCamSource in version that's released.

Coastalfitness

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »
Took a bit, but it is all running fantastic now, actually enjoyed a little challenge.  Supperpuppy's commands actually worked the best.  Last thing now is to get it to run automatically when the comp starts. 

Cheers,

Coastal

VoSot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
Hi,

NooB here.  I am trying to setup multi start - I get a 4th instance of iCamSource for some reason -

I have tried this as a setup for batching:
----
G:

cd G:\Internet-MoBo\Internet-LAN\iCamSource\

start iCamSource.exe -v=1 -a=2 -cu=x -cp=x

start iCamSource.exe -v=2 -a=1 -cu=x -cp=x

start iCamSource.exe -v=3 -a=1 -cu=x -cp=x

--------

I do not have any IP cameras.. Can anyone tell me why the 4th instance happens?  

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:25:17 PM by VoSot »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 10:45:56 AM »
It looks like you should be only getting 3 instances based on that batch file.

If you remove one of the lines, do you then get 3? And if you remove 2 of the lines, do you still get 2 instances?

VoSot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
A little more messing around, and I think I found out why I was getting a 4th. I had the tuner card activated at the time. I turned of the TV card, and now only 3 startup. Which leads to my next issue.  The three sources I have loading are two cameras and a TV tuner card. When I run the batch file, one of the cameras comes up with a source that doesn't exist. It has a IP camera in the list and I get a error dialog box that says, "Error Code 11.  Your camera drivers may need to be updated" I understand this is because that camera doesn't exist, but I wonder why it tries to start a camera that is 4th in the list, and I only ask for sources 1,2 and 3 to load. ?

Thanks for your time!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
That is a good question.

Have you tried just launching one of the iCamSources from the batch file to see what happens? If it does just launch the one, I would keep adding lines to see where things don't work as expected.

VoSot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 08:29:32 PM »
OK, I think I figured it out. I have 3 sources - Should be 1,2 and 3  -- It seems to start the count at 0.  So if I use 0,1 and 2 all is well. Make sense?  Not sure about the audio though.

Tim--

VoSot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »
OK, Just tested the audio too. It is also off by one - 0=1, 1=2, 2=3 etc..  (in the list)  So now everything here loads as expected with that adjustment - Is it just me? I have seen no one else mention this.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »
You are right, it isn't explicitly stated, but it does say this in the example:

For example, if you want to select the first video source in the Video drop down and the second audio source in the Audio drop down, you'd use the command "start iCamSource.exe -v=0 -a=1"

Glad you've gotten things figured out! :)

VoSot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
You mean there is a manual?   ::)

roodrigox

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
Hi,

I have a system that has 4 cameras, but iCamSource only find one. I think that I need to open another iCamSource and select the second camera, but when I did it nothing change.

I saw your previous post but I didnt understand nothing about bat files. Can you help me?

thanks
Rodrigo

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »
If you have more than one camera and each of them have their own unique IP/Port that you can connect to then yes, you should be able to run more than one iCamSource and connect to them at the same time.

A batch (or ".bat") file can be used to automatically launch more than one iCamSource to connect to multiple cameras, but it sounds like you first need to determine the separate MJEPG URLs for each camera first.

What is the make and model of the components of your system?

trujillo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
I am able to auto start 2 Dlink IP camera's and one USB webcam, using a .bat file.

I have two issues:

I monitor the cameras using my iPhone.    When I "View Motion Events" for one IP camera, my two IP camera's events are mixed together.

Second,  How can I provide a unique name camera name when starting through a .bat file?

Also, are there any new features planned for a near future release?