Author Topic: source connection error  (Read 5661 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: source connection error
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 12:44:40 AM »
The jailbroken router may be the issue, however you can try to manually configuring your router for port forward before reverting back to the stock firmware.

Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNDR3700/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

If that does not work will need to revert back to the stock firmware.

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 07:20:23 AM »
ok, i have tried port forwarding and its not working neither. it just seems strange that my iphone3gs has no problem on 3g but only the iphone4. thanks anyways. i will bring my other stocked netgear router out and try it and see what happens. i hate to lose not using my jailbreak wireless router. it's more faster and power then the stock. i will let you know. Thanks. jp

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:17 PM »
We would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings. Please reference this post and your username in your email.

johnphan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 12:40:16 PM »
Hi, just want to let you know that even after i was being helped by emails support, still not working but i saw the newest icam source version 2.4.4 and installed it. now everything works. So i am assuming something was not working right in my situation when i was using older version of icam source. But anyways, i am very happy that it's working for me now and thank you so much for the released of the icamsource 2.4.4. now back to using icam again. thanks. jp :-)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.