Author Topic: Multiple PS3 Eye cameras on one computer?  (Read 9867 times)

mbasham

• View Profile
Multiple PS3 Eye cameras on one computer?
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »
So I have one on my windows computer (windows 7) working flawlessly.  My question is can you run more then one on the same computer?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple PS3 Eye cameras on one computer?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:05:42 PM »
Yes, you can add up to 16 webcams or network IP cameras from a single computer, although your computer's hardware limitations (USB bus, CPU, memory) may further limit that number.

To add a camera, click on the + button underneath the cameras pane (for a screenshot go to http://skjm.com/icam/help/#setup) and follow the instructions below:

For USB, FireWire, or Built-In webcams, you should be able to make your choice from the Audio and Video drop-down lists underneath the USB / FireWire / Built-In tab.

If you add a stand-alone network IP camera, you first need to find the correct MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera. Enter it along with your camera's Login and Password (if any) into the iCamSource.

More detailed instructions are available at our Getting Started pages: http://skjm.com/icam/help/#setup
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:18:39 PM by SKJM Support »

mbasham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:39:39 AM »
I understand the whole 16 cameras for the icam program but am unsure on how drivers work on windows.  Do i have to have more then one driver per camera or does installing the ps3 eye driver now allow me to hook as many ps3 eye cameras as i have usb ports without installing anything else? 

I am a mac person and am using my windows media center computers for the cameras so im a little out of my element.  Never tried using more then one of the exact camera before on any computer.

isja693

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
I have multiple cameras (usb direct connect) working on 1 computer running windows.  What I have noticed is that if the camera's are different models/types everything works fine, if they are the exact same model, I cannot get more than 1 to work on a given computer.  Hope that helps

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
Just FYI, I have seen other posters mention issues trying to run multiple same-model cameras...and there was a way to get them working. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the solution was. But if you read through the posts, you should find the answer. I remember seeing someone post the solution sometime in the last few weeks, if I remember correctly.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »
The Device ID is unique for each webcam (even if they are the same Brand/Model). Do you see both cameras in the Video Drop Down Menu?

davefewox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
I am about to give up running icam and switch to the foscam app. it cannot be the first time the question has been asked as foscam is selling 2 packs of their wireless cams, but how do you use both cameras? they both have the same urls? it has to be something simplebim missing?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
I am about to give up running icam and switch to the foscam app. it cannot be the first time the question has been asked as foscam is selling 2 packs of their wireless cams, but how do you use both cameras? they both have the same urls? it has to be something simplebim missing?

Please see OUAnthony's response on the forum post here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=4476.new#new