Author Topic: Zavio F312A Wireless Camera  (Read 6048 times)

robin.fox

• View Profile
Zavio F312A Wireless Camera
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:29:39 PM »
Hi

I've just bought the Zavio F312A Wireless Camera. I've managed to get it setup on my network and can view the image in Safari using Bonjour but I can't get iCamsource to accept it. I have a URL and an IP address but neither work. I get the error message saying 'cannot find jpeg data'. The camera operates using both MPEG4 and MJPEG.

Any ideas?!

Thanx

Robin

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Zavio F312A Wireless Camera
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
I searched around for Zavio MJPEG or JPEG URLs.  I found :

http://<camera_ip>/jpg/image.jpg        - JPEG MODE

http://<camera_ip>:<camera_port>/video.mjpg     - MJPEG MODE

Try those URLs in iCamSource.  Make sure to replace <camera_ip> and <camera_port> with your camera's IP and port.

If those URLs don't work, the easiest way to determine the correct JPEG or MJPEG URL for your camera's specific make and model is for us to connect to your camera with a temporary login and password and analyze the video stream. If you could set the camera up with a temporary login and password and then email the login/password to support@skjm.com, we can analyze the network traffic to find out if your camera outputs MJPEG or JPEG formatted data and what the correct MJPEG or JPEG URL is.

The Baron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »
.....bump

I'm trying to connect to a Trendnet TV-IP410 network cam from INSIDE my home network and get the following error:

"Your network webcam may not be currently supported"
"Reason: Cannot find JPEG data"

It's standard MJPEG video format, and i have MJPEG selected in iCamSource
I've tried Jay's suggestion from the last post, but got a new error:
"404 - Webcam URL Not Found"

So is there not yet a compatibility list of what cams will work or what?
I'd think a company like Trendnet would be supported, they're fairly mainstream...

The ICam product site claims:
"iCam and iCamSource use the same firewall- and router-piercing technologies and algorithms developed for fileai.com to perform zero-config peer-to-peer connections. In most situations, things should "just work" unless your network is particularly complex or restricted".

... All I'm trying to do is access our home netcam from behind the same router, not remotely. I can access my netcam just fine from any of my networked PCs... but the iCamSource software on my XP box can't seem to find it. I have tried a few live webcam addresses from within the iCamSource software WITH SUCCESS. It's worked flawlessly for streaming remote webcams to my wifes iphone 3G.

I'll see what support@skjm.com has to say...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »
Have you tried the various TrendNet MJPEG and JPEG URLs from http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php ?

The Baron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »
Yeah... I got it now. Thanks!

I was trying too-hard to make it work LOL!!!

... I can see it in isource. I just need to check the wife's iphone to be sure it receives.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:06:55 PM by The Baron »