Author Topic: Hide iCamSource  (Read 64657 times)

JEGSTONE

• View Profile
Hide iCamSource
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:33 AM »
Good day,

Its been a week im searching for this solution but still no luck.

How can I remove the iCamSource (only) from the system tray or at least change the tooltip so I can just change the icon?

My objective is to run icamsource on stealth mode or without user's knowledge.

And also how to avoid showing the preference on start-up?

Thank you in advance.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide iCamSource
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
What version of iCamSource are you running, Mac or Windows?

An "unofficial" way on a Mac would be to right-click the iCamSource application in your Applications folder, select Show Package Contents, then open the Contents > Resources folder and renaming or moving the iCamSourceStatus_Running.png file. Then, when you run the iCamSource and Start it, no icon will appear in the menu bar, although there will be a blank space still visible that you can click on to access the iCamSource.

JEGSTONE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:10:58 AM »
Thank you for the reply but I've seen the thread of this.

Im just wondering if anyone found now some simple work around at least yo hide the icon of icamsource (only) from the system tray.

One more concern, is it normal the preference or the cam preview will pop on start-up?

Thank you in advance

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what your question is. Is iCamSource Starting when you start-up your computer? If so, do you have the Auto-Start checkbox in iCamSource checked?

Shaun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
You can create a a task in the Windows Task Scheduler to run iCamSource at startup and check the "Hidden" box at the bottom of the "General" tab. It will hide the process from the Task Manager and it won't be visible to users.

linda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
I am confused. I have an I MAC. When my son logs on I don't want him to know the camera is on. But things pop up and he can see it is on, not to mention the little green camera lite. I read the other posts re: how to hide this from users and do not understand still. Thanks Linda

Csalbrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:56:40 PM »
Another alternative to hiding the icon is by using Bartender, here's a link: http://www.macbartender.com

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
I am confused. I have an I MAC. When my son logs on I don't want him to know the camera is on. But things pop up and he can see it is on, not to mention the little green camera lite. I read the other posts re: how to hide this from users and do not understand still. Thanks Linda

Unfortunately, the green iSight light is something that is controlled by the hardware, we don't have any ability to disable it.

It sounds like the iCamSource window is still open. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menu Bar (Mac) or System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

Currently, there is no official method of hiding the iCamSource icon on your Mac.

An "unofficial" way would be to right-click the iCamSource application in your Applications folder, select Show Package Contents, then open the Contents > Resources folder and renaming or moving the iCamSourceStatus_Running.png file. Then, when you run the iCamSource and Start it, no icon will appear in the menu bar, although there will be a blank space still visible that you can click on to access the iCamSource.

d2r2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
hello everyone i just found icamsource app btw cant find where to register to get access with wifi connect and second can some1 tell me how to hide icam on windows thanks :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
You do not need to register to use iCam. Have you reviewed the "Getting Started" section of the iCam Help Pages? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/

d2r2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 10:32:07 AM »
thanks for tip : ) but still cant get how to hide it from tasks in notifications on windows 7 :S

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
Currently there is no official way to "hide" the iCamSource process from the task list, although there may be other third-party solutions for hiding task list processes.

iancrowther

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »
+1 for an option to hide the task bar icon

crystaloptik

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
thanks for tip : ) but still cant get how to hide it from tasks in notifications on windows 7 :S
I cant post a URL in this forum however google search "Show-or-hide-icons-in-the-taskbar windows 7".

nprcapo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
The "unofficial" way to hide the running icon (right click, packaging/resources/etc route) used to work for me, but now it does not.  Any other ideas with the 2.6 version?  And simple ones, for a non-techie person?