Support > iCam Support

Hide iCamSource

(1/4) > >>

JEGSTONE:
Good day,

Its been a week im searching for this solution but still no luck.

How can I remove the iCamSource (only) from the system tray or at least change the tooltip so I can just change the icon?

My objective is to run icamsource on stealth mode or without user's knowledge.

And also how to avoid showing the preference on start-up?

Thank you in advance.

SKJM Support:
What version of iCamSource are you running, Mac or Windows?

An "unofficial" way on a Mac would be to right-click the iCamSource application in your Applications folder, select Show Package Contents, then open the Contents > Resources folder and renaming or moving the iCamSourceStatus_Running.png file. Then, when you run the iCamSource and Start it, no icon will appear in the menu bar, although there will be a blank space still visible that you can click on to access the iCamSource.

JEGSTONE:
Thank you for the reply but I've seen the thread of this.

Im just wondering if anyone found now some simple work around at least yo hide the icon of icamsource (only) from the system tray.

One more concern, is it normal the preference or the cam preview will pop on start-up?

Thank you in advance

SKJM Support:
I'm not sure I understand what your question is. Is iCamSource Starting when you start-up your computer? If so, do you have the Auto-Start checkbox in iCamSource checked?

Shaun:
You can create a a task in the Windows Task Scheduler to run iCamSource at startup and check the "Hidden" box at the bottom of the "General" tab. It will hide the process from the Task Manager and it won't be visible to users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version