Author Topic: Error code 11 - iCam wont start  (Read 6526 times)

vwo05

• View Profile
Error code 11 - iCam wont start
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Hi,

iCam was working fine for me for about two months but just recently, it gives me an error code 11 saying I should update my camera drivers.  The drivers are up to date and I downloaded the file from your forums thats disables autostart.  I can get iCam to open but everytime I click "Start" it gives me the error code 11 then crashes.  Please help me to solve this issue.

yehat

• View Profile
Re: Error code 11 - iCam wont start
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:55:42 AM »
Same here, it was version 2.4.4
Update to 2.4.5 beta - still the same, cannot start - with any camera plugged in, or without. Win7 x64

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »
Hi,

iCam was working fine for me for about two months but just recently, it gives me an error code 11 saying I should update my camera drivers.  The drivers are up to date and I downloaded the file from your forums thats disables autostart.  I can get iCam to open but everytime I click "Start" it gives me the error code 11 then crashes.  Please help me to solve this issue.

Have you rebooted your camera since the issue began? If not, please do so. If that doesn't help,  then update the webcam drivers.

We've also seen reports of defective USB hubs or ports causing problems. If your camera is plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the computer. If it's already plugged directly into the computer, try using a different USB port.

Also, what version of iCamSource are you running, Mac or Windows?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
Same here, it was version 2.4.4
Update to 2.4.5 beta - still the same, cannot start - with any camera plugged in, or without. Win7 x64

If you are also seeing error code 11, same goes. Please try rebooted your camera. If that doesn't help,  then update the webcam drivers.

Try plugging it directly into the computer. If it's already plugged directly into the computer, try using a different USB port.

vwo05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
Hi,

Have you rebooted your camera since the issue began? If not, please do so. If that doesn't help,  then update the webcam drivers.

We've also seen reports of defective USB hubs or ports causing problems. If your camera is plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the computer. If it's already plugged directly into the computer, try using a different USB port.

Yes, I have rebooted my camera.  My webcam drivers are up to date.  There is nothing to update.  I am plugging it directly into the computer and have tried both USB ports.  My camera works with other software but not iCam.  It used to work on version 2.4.1 on Windows then started to get an error.  Then I tried version 2.4.4 for windows and have the same issue.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
Hi,

Yes, I have rebooted my camera.  My webcam drivers are up to date.  There is nothing to update.  I am plugging it directly into the computer and have tried both USB ports.  My camera works with other software but not iCam.  It used to work on version 2.4.1 on Windows then started to get an error.  Then I tried version 2.4.4 for windows and have the same issue.

Please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

You can also try using a third party program such as ManyCam (http://manycam.com) to share the camera between applications. It will allow iCamSource to access the camera even if another video capture program is running.

konger1k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
I am experiencing the same issue. I have done everything on this page and more. I've tried previous versions, completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program, rebooted, reinstalled the driver, made sure no other software is using the webcam, etc.

Is this issue still being looked into?

Thanks,

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »
Error code 11 indicates that DirectShow was unable to connect to the camera, so unfortunately there isn't anything we can do in the code to resolve the problem.

Is the webcam plugged into a USB hub? Have you tried plugging the camera into different USB ports on the computer directly?

Also, have you run ManyCam (http://manycam.com) to share the camera between applications?

pbjelly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
I had the exact same problem. Eventually I figured it out.

I had some bad camera sources called "Google Camera Adapter 0" and "Google Camera Adapter 1". I discovered these when I tried using the ManyCam app that this thread suggested.

I got rid of those two sources by going to Add/Remove Programs and uninstalling the Google Video or Google Talk plugins. After that I rebooted and those two sources were gone. iCam was able to startup fine after that. Hope this helps with your problem.

Berlingoman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
Workaround found for me !! i also did "everything" without succes - uninstalling etc. but then:

Even though getting Error code 11 at startup of icamsource i maneged to right click icamsource icon in taskbar a going to preference let me open program and stopping + removing bad usb camera for my list. Then able to start icamsource without error 11. This i think should be possible to correct in program!?

jclandau1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »
Berlingoman,

You are a genius !!!

Thanks a lot, it worked for me too.

JC