Author Topic: IPCAM support  (Read 50343 times)

bingo

• View Profile
IPCAM support
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:48:09 PM »
Hello, I have just purchased a couple of IP Webcams called IPCAM02, they are pan and Tilt ip webcams.
They have MJPEG image compression and have a 15fps(VGA) and support HTTP,FTP,TCP/IP,UDP,SMTP,DHCP,PPPoE,DDNS,UPnP,GPRS
Initially I had to set them up via a PC to get them to access the airport extreme network, I have also set it up via dyndns.org/ and got it to NAT to my dynamic I address. All good as long as I use internet explorer using activeX. They can also warn me via email alerts.
My main problem - I cannot find the stream link to connect it to icamsource, is this possible?

Regards
David

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: IPCAM support
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »
Is the camera simply called IPCAM02? Do you have a link to the manufacturer's web page?

bingo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:33:44 AM »
It appears to be unbranded, first time I've ever done that! Oops. It also appears to be closely related to a company called Foscam. I have requested some further information from the company I bought it from. I have set it up and it works, it has motion detection and emails me whenver something has changed, though it is not as elegant a solution as icamsource. I just wondered if it could work with your software?. I just have no technical knowledge in activex webcam streams and where the hidden stream source could be found to transmit to the icamsource servers. I could give you a link to the webcam if you like?
Regards
David

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »
David - The easiest way for me to determine the correct JPEG or MJPEG URL for your camera's specific make and model is for me to connect to your camera with a temporary login and password and analyze the video stream, so if you could e-mail that info to support@skjm.com I would appreciate it, thanks. :)

Please reference this forum post and your forum username in your e-mail.

digitalm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »
Hi,

I have also purchased the above camera and have been trying to access the raw jpeg stream, did you manage to find out how to access it?

thanks
Toby

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »
digitalm - In this particular case, we were able to connect to the camera and view the video in a web browser.  However, when we analyzed the video data, it was not streaming standard MJPEG video, so it is currently not compatible with the iCamSource and iCam. It looked like the video was actually being encrypted in some way, because we weren't able to the see the standard JPEG file image headers in the data.

digitalm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:18:56 AM »
ok just for reference if anyone else is looking for this information I have found out that you can get the video feed below - prehaps I have a newer firmware version.

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/snapshot.cgi for snapshop

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/video.cgi for stream

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
Thanks for that information.  We'll add those to the MJPEG/JPEG URL list.

Marksfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 02:59:29 AM »
ok just for reference if anyone else is looking for this information I have found out that you can get the video feed below - prehaps I have a newer firmware version.

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/snapshot.cgi for snapshop

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/video.cgi for stream
Can you tel me how you found that information please? I have a similar problem with a camera also unbranded and also called IPCAM02. The cnapshot.cgi works and gives me a still, but video.cgi returns page not found. I have tried all the alternatives on this site and tried the seller's pretty hopeless tech support. UrlSnooper can't find anything either. I am wondering as it is a wireless connection, should it be plugged into the router to get this information?

Thanks

Mark

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »
Mark - If snapshot.cgi gives you a still, then have you tried using that one as a JPEG URL? (As opposed to MJPEG)

Marksfish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »
Mark - If snapshot.cgi gives you a still, then have you tried using that one as a JPEG URL? (As opposed to MJPEG)

I did think about it and using a meta refresh tag in an embedded page. At least that way Safari and Opera users can see the image. Would just be good to get the stream working for everyone.

Thanks anyway.

Mark

Marksfish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »
Eureka!!! If I put http://xxx.xxx.x.x/video.cgi into the url bar of Opera, Chrome and Safari, I get the video stream. If I put the same url into Explorer it wants me to download a cgi file!!! Bloody M$!!!!

It is thanks to the iCamSource software I downloaded earlier that I found this out. Shame I can't install it to my ip cam!!!

Mark

manthatwassick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 01:42:30 AM »
does anybody know the URL for the up down and side to side links to move the camera (ipcam02)?

xx.xxx.xxx/video.cgi works btw on ipcam01

kimfyrst

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 09:01:05 AM »
I use Foscam, for my IPCAM.
It work perfekt both in iCam and in EyeCam (also with PAN/TILT!!! in EyeCam :-) )
I really hope iCam will work with PAN/TILT soon :-)

occdude01

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 03:00:12 AM »
i have the IPCAM02 camera that i just recieved yesterday, and i have been having trouble with being able to upload stream from my camera to the iCam source and transmit it to my iphone. however, i just tried the http://xx.xx.xx.xx/video.cgi that i read of above, and it works at 110%!!!  ;D

the http://xx.xx.xx.xx/snapshot.cgi gives a great stream as well!! both streams are a little slow but i beleive thats just because of it being a WiFi camera, and its a little slow over air as opposed to being hard-wired in to my computer. i do appreciate the help that this forum gives! thanks guys!!! ;D ;D ;D