Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236109 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »
matty73 is getting technical support through email.  If there's any new information, I'll add it to this thread.

Furtherconspiracies

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 10:18:32 AM »
 :P It wasn't me  :o
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:05:05 PM by Furtherconspiracies »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 03:31:07 PM »
Furtherconspiracies is getting technical support through email.  If there's any new information, I'll add it to this thread.

elopez4

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
Not sure if this has been answered yet, i did however see a similar reply on this post. First of all, love the app! Well worth the money, my problem now lies elsewhere. I am running windows 7, with an ipod touch 2nd gen.  I can connect to my cameras at home over my wifi network and see/hear them just fine! However I get this error message when i go to another wifi network other than my home network. Here is the intersting part, I have another instance of iCam Source running on my computer in Dallas (my home network and myself are in Denton) which works just fine from anywhere i go ; in other words, if i am at my dallas network they work, they also work in denton at my home network and any barnes and noble at the mall in inrving LOL!. So when I log on to my cameras, which are all on the same username and password, i only receive feeds from the iCam Source in dallas and not the ones in my home network in denton WHEN im outside my denton network. I hope all that made sense.  :P

Thanks guys! hope to get a reply or link to solutons! 

;D So what new features are comming soon and when can we expect them!?  ;D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
The issue sounds like your home network ... Do you possibly have more than one router on the network? It seems that the iCamSources on your home network are not able to accept connections from outside of that network, and having two routers (or a router and a DSL modem/router) that are both running DHCP services is commonly the problem.

elopez4

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:41:16 AM »
No sir! I have only one router only. Same basic setup at my Dallas network which is why I'm stumped as to why its not working. Hope to fix it soon. Keep us updated! And again, love the product!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
What are the make and model of your router and your modem when at home?

cbeck

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »
Great product, wireless connection issue.  At home, have no problem accessing camera on an iMac, both wireless or 3G (Verizon FIOS router).  From work however, only 3G access, no wireless.  Same issue with iCam installed on work Mac computer - no wireless, "Source Connection Error".   Work is using an Apple Airport Extreme connected to a Sonic Wall device.  The Apple Airport is in bridge mode to the Sonic firewall.   Get motion push notifications fine when on wireless, but then need to turn off wireless to access cams ro review motion logs.

garydbeck

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »
I'm having trouble getting this to work outside my in-house network.

I've done all of the steps you suggested.

Details:
1.  Both iPhone and IPad work on my wireless network with the iCamSource running on my Mac
2.  I have the firewall on my Mac turned off, since I have a separate firewall.
3.  I have setup the ports (12000-12100) in your application
4.  I have done everything listed, and that I can think of to open up the SonicWall TZ170 ports
5.  Nothing I've done to my firewall seems to make the iPhone work from the outside (3G/Edge).
6.  I also noticed when I have the Port Forwarding turned on in iCamSource, the iPad and iPhone don't work any longer on the wireless network.

Thanks for any help on this.

therichman68

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »
I am having trouble getting my cam feed from my computer to my iphone. It says "There are no running ICamSources associated with your existing login and password" I set up the same login on both my ICamSource on my computer(Macbook Pro) and ICam on my iphone......help!!!!!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »
garydbeck - If your router is already configured for port forwarding for iCamSource, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link on the computer running iCamSource...

http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12000

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12000 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer. If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is open. If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »
therichman68 - There are two potential causes for the No Sources Found error:

1) The login and password on the iCamSource and iCam do not match. (Please note that they are both case sensitive.)
2) The iCamSource on the computer is unable to communicate with the iCam Broker Server.

If you have made sure that the computer's firewall software is "allowing" the iCamSource to communicate with the Internet, then the next step is to go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ on the computer running iCamSource and e-mail me what it says the computer's external IP address is so that I can further troubleshoot the problem.  Please send the computer's IP address to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum post in your email.

jpwrnglr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
I keep getting this error but only intermittenly. I get it 99% of the time when using iCam with my laptop with built in webcam and not really too often when using my desktop with a USB webcam. Also, when this does happen with my desktop, I get a Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger error:
An unhandled win32 exception occured in iCamSource.exe[4228]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
jpwrnglr -  If possible, please send a screenshot of the debugger error to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

jpwrnglr

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 05:21:07 AM »
The program works fine on my desktop that is direct connected to the internet. But when I run it on a laptop connected wirelessly, I get the Source Connection Error on my iPhone.