Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236101 times)

confused

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »
No I have 2 computers and a camera. The camera is connected to one of the computers and those 2 work it's the other computer that isn't working if I'm not in the same wifi network.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »
If you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.) - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

tabemasho

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
I'm not very tech savvy... So I was hoping that someone could help me setup iCam and iCamSource.

I ran through all the troubleshooting but still can't get them to work together on my Mac running 10.5.8 and my Android Samsung Galaxy S4.

Most of the troubleshooting was for an iPhone.  Which I have an iPhone 4S, 5 and soon 5S.  But, right now they are all being repaired or borrowed for the time being.

And since I'm using this service for basic pet, baby and family watching.  I'd like anyone in my family to be able to watch the house at any given time on our Android or iPhones.

So with that being said... my issue is... it still doesn't work!

I get a "Connecting..." message in the iCamSource window and from the troubleshooting that means that iCam and iCamSource just can't connect to one another... I've allowed forwarding and changed firewall settings but maybe I didn't do it right?

Now I would just do the proxy server setting to make it easier but I'd rather not pay $1 for every 25mb... since I have no idea how much I'd be watching live video.  And if I did it often I'd rather just go with a paid service.

So... I took a picture of the issue and it says "Source Connection Error" One or more of the iCamSources Returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
tabemasho is receiving support via email.

Brihank Willes

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »
I just added my cameras to my computer, it works great on my wifi itouch when i am in the same room on the same network in my business. When I am in a different area of the office, on a different wifi network. i get the source connection error. I have done everything. I am only able to use wifi being an itouch. to summarize, when in the same room and on the network that the cameras are on, it works great. The moment I go to a different wifi network, i get the error. What seems to be the problem and what is the fix.

Have you enabled the network settings as manual?? If it is so then just try to change into an automatic mode, I think this might be the problem, since I do have an IP camera that to with motion sensor security lighting but I haven't found any kind of problem yet, I hope it works !! :)

glundby

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
I am running IcamSource on several installations successfuly connecting both from IOS and Android clients. However on my cabin where my Dlink router DIR 566 1.37EU,  2013/06/06, uses 3g USB modem, the IP address changes frequently, and I then get the 102 source connection error. I get UPNP Successes every time I restart and then it works for a while, probably until next change of IP. Does the client at all monitor the actual Ip address? And does it then ever notify the server?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
glundby is receiving support via email

waylo

• View Profile
IP6 can be is a cause for this error!
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »
FYI to others:

I've been using icam on my Android for several years and never had any problems.  I run icamsource on 3 separate computers and could always check all feeds easily.

After a recent ROM upgrade on my Samsung S4, I could no longer access the video feed while on 3g/4g.  When connected to wifi, I could!

I thought it was going to be a long arduous troubleshooting deal.  Which it almost was.  But while looking at some other functions on my phone, I found that my VPN program also balked.

A specific google search revealed that my carrier, T-Mobile, has been moving its wireless data settings over to IP6, which causes this specific problem!

http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/android-tip-dont-use-ipv6-need-vpn-capability-t-mobile.html

I duplicated the default APN settings to a user configurable one and just altered the APN protocol to IP4 from IP6.  All fixed!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:23:42 PM by waylo »

twitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »
Hi

I've been trying to troubleshoot the connection error for about a month now.  I've tried all the suggestions that is in the original troubleshooting guide.  I've tried just e-mailing for support but get extremely slow response that is not helpful.  Has anyone else noticed that every time you find a thread that matches your problem, the final solution is never posted?  It always says "so-and-so" is getting help thru e-mail which does absolutely nothing for anyone looking to find the answer....

I have 5 foscam IP cameras that I purchased specifically because they will work with this program.  I have gotten all 5 cameras working  through computer and can monitor just fine as long as I'm sitting in front of the computer (which is totally not the point of using this program).  I can still monitor whether the Auto-Config Router is checked or unchecked. I have the Port Range 12000 to 12100 box present and checked..  The Auto-Config Router displays dual NAT and I have searched my entire system but can find only one router.... the MiFi that gives me wireless access to internet.

All attempts to connect to iCamSource from iCam on android phone are fruitless stating the iCamSource could not be connected to.  Is there anyone who knows the answer or has any suggestions?  I promise that, if I get the answer, I will make sure it is posted in this forum for all future seekers to find.  Thanks in advance!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »
You mentioned that you have port range enabled in iCamSource, but have you configured your router to forward that range of ports to the computer?

If you have already forwarded the ports in the router, then the mobile service provider may be blocking all incoming traffic. There are some mobile service providers that allow incoming connections, but most do not.  If that’s the case, the only way iCam will work is if proxying is enabled on the phone.

More information about Proxy Support is available on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/proxy.php

twitcher

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 06, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »
I use TeamViewer to connect to my home computer from work on a regular basis, so I don't think the provider is blocking me.  I have sent screen shots to the person who is helping me thru e-mail.  Thank you for responding!

ashishduh

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2015, 02:07:52 PM »
Hi, I've never had any issues with this program for over 4 years I've been using it.  But now I've switched to Net10 wireless which uses AT&T LTE.  On the LTE network I can not access my iCam sources, I'm getting Source Connection Error "One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."  But if I'm on any wifi, I can connect.  I'm using the latest Android iCam app and iCamsource 2.8.8 if that helps.

Any help appreciated, thanks.