Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236110 times)

fuserguevara

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »
I have a Cisco E900 Linksys.

I followed all of the port forwarding steps and I'm still receiving a Source Connection Error when connecting to 4g.

Any users here that was able to configure this properly with the same router?

Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

Also, reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

WayneRyan

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
I cannot get my iCam Source to work properly.
I feel as if there are a lot of elements that are not making it work. I have tried port forwarding, auto-config and everything.
I need help. I can connect when using WIFI to see the camera on my iPhone5 (AT&T-166) however, when I connect to my 4G Microcell tower, it does not work.

When I go to my Portchecker, it says that the 12100 is blocked.

I am totally lost and need to get this up and running. Can someone please help me. Thank you!!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
Please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »
Once again, SKJM Support (via email) stayed the course (with me) and isolated my Source Connection Error.  For internal security, and because I live in a rural (kuntry) area; my ISP changes my IP rather frequently it seems.

History:  I could run iCamSource and everything would appear perfectly in iCam (for iPhone).  Later (minding my own business), I would receive a PUSH that motion was detected on one of my cameras.  I'd open iCam to checkout the motion; only to receive the illustrious "Source Connection Error." We knew my port-forwarding and security software had to be configured correctly; else I would not be able to connect in the first place.  To "fix" the error, all I had to do was STOP iCamSource and START it again.

Through push, pull, tugs and prods and glue to put my hair back in; SKJM Support had me check WhatismyIP when iCam and iCamSource were working properly.  They had me check it again when I received the Source Connection Error, and sure enough, my ISP had changed my IP address.  Some days, my IP address doesn't change at all; on others it may change 3 times within half an hour.

I always try to give credit where credit is due; and SKJM Support deserves it.  My "errors" with iCam and iCamSource were not caused by their software; rather it is my ISP that I have to resolve issues with.

At this point, I can pay my ISP more for a fixed (static IP address); or I can continue to STOP and START iCamSource (now that I understand the problem).  At the least, I know where my problem originates!

Thanks SKJM Support, for being patient enough to hang in there with me on my Source Connection Error issue.  You have been, and still are the BEST in Support!
dkb52

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2013, 07:48:17 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback, dkb52. :)

There is actually a setting that you can enable in the iCamSource that should help you with your frequently-IP-changing situation. We try not to post it publicly since it isn't necessary for most users and because it also puts an additional strain on our server.

I believe Lorena sent you the instructions for how to enable the setting, so check your e-mail if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks again for the post.  :D

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »
Has worked for 3 full days PERFECTLY!  ;D

Thanks Again

Nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »
I have the same IP changing situation. Pretty much everyday it changes one camera's IP or both, usually by one digit. I stop the camera, change the IP, and then it works for a day or two and then another change happens. How can I fix this problem?

Please send a message how I can fix this please!

Thanks,
Nelson

Thanks for the great feedback, dkb52. :)

There is actually a setting that you can enable in the iCamSource that should help you with your frequently-IP-changing situation. We try not to post it publicly since it isn't necessary for most users and because it also puts an additional strain on our server.

I believe Lorena sent you the instructions for how to enable the setting, so check your e-mail if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks again for the post.  :D

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2013, 10:53:33 AM »
This isn't the external IP changing, but the IP camera's IP is changing. Please check your camera's settings and configure it to use a static IP address instead of relying on DHCP.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:09:32 PM by SKJM Support »

daveytile

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »
I have been using the iCam app on my MyTouch as well as my Galaxy tab foe a while now with no troubles. In fact it was the easiest set up ever for a camera. My problem is I now use the HTC One x from T-Maybe oops I mean T-Mobile and now I get a no source error on my phone but not the tablet. I have checked and double checked the user name / password and still no source is found. What do I do? I had to re pay for the app for my new phone but it does not work

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
It's possible that the iCam app settings on the Android phone have gotten into a bad state.

On your Android phone,  go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications and then choose iCam and the "Clear Data".  Then try connecting again.

daveytile

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
Thanks I tried that and it did not work. I uninstalled then re-installed it and it is up and running

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

confused

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2013, 07:38:49 PM »
I've been using the iCam app for years and all of a sudden it's not working. We use 3 different cameras and for some reason 1 of them no longer shows up in the app when we are out of our WiFi network. Please help!!!

I have an iPhone 4S with AT&T Wifi at home and the 4G network when not connected to wifi

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2013, 11:57:13 PM »
Are all three cameras running on the same computer? If so, do they all 3 cameras appear in the iCamSource?