Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236676 times)

Flyguy001

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
Both are Cable modems... Home #1 is a motorola surfboard cable modem SB5101 and home #2 is ARRIS TM5026.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:30:00 PM by Flyguy001 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »
The Arris TM5026 is a telephony cable modem, correct? If so, it may also be acting as a router.

If you connect to your Linksys router and click on the Status menu item (along the top) is the Internet IP address the same as the one reported by http://whatismyipaddress.com/ or is is a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x IP?

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2010, 09:19:25 PM »
It is indeed a telephony modem however the ip is the same in the status as it is on the recomended website.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »
Are you able to view both iCamSources from home #2 if you use iCamWeb from the computer running the iCamSource? - http://skjm.com/icam/web/

Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging in your modem (Arris) and router (Linksys)? Do either of them have any built-in firewall functionality that might be blocking the outgoing connections from iCam?

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
I can view both homes via the website listed i've unplugged both modem and router from home#2 i just updated to the new version iPhone software and still only able to receive Home #2 on my iPhone #1.

I did noticed that i'm still receiving motion detection from home #1 even though i can't view it!?!?!? I'm ready to give up lol and sorry for the hassle... i'm going to try and figure out if the is something blocking it somwhere in the router... what i don't understand is before the update to the new ican i was viewing it just fine... i'll report back with any changes good or bad.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »
Have you tried using the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the home #1 iCamSource? There may be a logic bug in iCam that is preventing your WiFi-to-WiFi connection (there is one other user that has a similar issue) and it is dependent on how your two routers perform their port translation to the Internet.

Using the router auto-configuration or even forwarding ports in your home #1's router should be a work-around for the issue.

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »
I'm not sure why I didn't think of checking the setup at home #1 sooner... This did in fact resolve the issue. However I did the same thing at home #2 and discovered that when doing so iPhone would only display home #1... any way... At least all works well now. Thank you putting up with me during this issue.  Thank you.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2010, 09:40:57 PM »
Thanks for the update, and I'm glad to hear that things are now working for you. :)

justsherman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »
Hi, I'm all Mac here. I am using a MoFi 3500 router with a USB Modem through Rogers Canada.I have set everything up and can use it on my iPhone over my WiFi, and can log on to the iCam Webserver and see my cam, but can not get it over 3g. Nor can I seem to unblock my ports. Even using lighthouse! Any thoughts? username is realbigsherman

Tanks!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button?

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

AJAlgmin

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:37 AM »
Hello,

I'm getting the source connection error only through the web interface.  I'm able to connect through my iPhone from outside my home network (using 3g).  It shows the "Num Sources:1" when I try to load through the web (both IE and Firefox), but then I get the source connection error.

This used to work fine on my same computer, but stopped when we moved from DSL to Comcast at home.  I don't see how it could work on my iPhone outside the network if it was having problems with the new home network.

I would be incredibly appreciative if you have any ideas!

Thanks,
Anthony

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2010, 12:18:35 PM »
If you are getting the Source Connection Error when connecting from the same local network but you are able to connect via 3G then you most likely have more than one router on your network or a router that support multiple separate WiFi networks. Is the computer that you are attempting to connect with via iCamWeb connected to the same router as the computer running the iCamSource? (Or is it the same computer?)

AJAlgmin

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
If you are getting the Source Connection Error when connecting from the same local network but you are able to connect via 3G then you most likely have more than one router on your network or a router that support multiple separate WiFi networks. Is the computer that you are attempting to connect with via iCamWeb connected to the same router as the computer running the iCamSource? (Or is it the same computer?)

Thanks for the response, Stefan.  The computer I'm trying to view through the web page is not on the same local network.  It is my work PC, which I've used successfully in the past.  That's why it is so strange that I can view no problem from outside my home network on the iPhone, but not through the web.  When I tested it last night I could view through the web no problem at home (on the same network).  I'm not having any other known issues with my browser at work.

Thanks,
Anthony

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »
It may be an issue of your work network being more complex than normal, or perhaps your work network's configuration has changed. If there are multiple nested routers on your work network then you may also have an issue connecting.

Did you have ports forwarded at home when you were with DSL? Or perhaps your computer was the DMZ? When you changed internet connections at home did you also change routers? Or are you using the same router with a different modem?

AJAlgmin

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »
It may be an issue of your work network being more complex than normal, or perhaps your work network's configuration has changed. If there are multiple nested routers on your work network then you may also have an issue connecting.

Did you have ports forwarded at home when you were with DSL? Or perhaps your computer was the DMZ? When you changed internet connections at home did you also change routers? Or are you using the same router with a different modem?

I did forward ports with DSL.  When I changed internet connections I kept the same router (and router settings), but am using a cable modem instead of the DSL modem.  Is there any known issue that could keep the website from getting the video while still allowing the iPhone connectivity?

I keep thinking that it must be my work network configuration.  I will try to find another non-work external network to test the web interface with and see what happens.  I'll report back when I'm able to test it.

Thanks again!