Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236630 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 12:07:13 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback! :)

Jody1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
On some Wifi connections the ICam works perfect.  However on some, like the Wifi offered at McDonalds, the cameras will not connect.  How to rectify this?

Lavorayfo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
Source connection error: one or more of icam sources have been returned by ican broker server could not connect

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
Jody1 - A lot of public Wi-Fi hotspots are very restricted.  Some will only allow web browsing and email.  The only thing you can do on your end is to make your computer's router as compatible as possible with other routers.  The way to do that is to forward ports to the computer running iCamSource.  We have a new BETA version of iCamSource that will attempt to configure your router for port forwarding automatically.  The new BETA version of iCamSource is available for download at:

Windows:  http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.4.2.6.exe

Mac:  http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.6.dmg

Check the Auto-Config Router checkbox before clicking the Start button.  Then the iCamSource will attempt to automatically forward a port in your router.

When you click the Start button, what status message appears above the Auto-Config Router Port checkbox?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 10:27:17 PM »
Lavorayfo - Are you seeing the Source Connection Error on your iPhone?  If so, do you see it when your iPhone is connected to 3G or to the local Wi-Fi network?

If you see that error on 3G, then the new BETA version of iCamSource (1.4.2.6) might resolve your problem.  The new BETA version of iCamSource is available for download at:

Windows:  http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.4.2.6.exe

Mac:  http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.6.dmg

Check the Auto-Config Router checkbox before clicking the Start button. Then the iCamSource will attempt to automatically forward a port in your router.

When you click the Start button, what status message appears above the Auto-Config Router Port checkbox?

Jody1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
Jay,

I installed the new version but when I check the box to auto configure the port the camera does not transmit to the ipod.  When I leave it unchecked, it works as it did before.  Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »
When you check the autoconfiguration in icamsource, you also have to enable uPNP on your router...then reboot your router and then possibly restart icamsource.

Jody1

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2010, 07:44:44 AM »
OUAnthony;

Ok...not to be ignorant but how do I change settings on my router?  Currently I have broadband through our cable with a Motorola access point.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
Jody1 - What error message appears above the "Auto-Config Router" checkbox if you run iCamSource with that option enabled?

What is the Model of the Motorola access point?

Jody1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »
Jay;
Motorola SBJ900.  I'm not getting any error messages when I click the box - it looks like it's working correctly but will not show up on the ipod.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 01:00:42 AM »
Jody1 - Please email a screenshot of your iCamSource window (while it's running) to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
I recently returned to my home #2 from visiting my family and ran into this issue "2) If you are receiving the Source Connection Error when your iPhone is connected via WiFi but you ARE able to connect via 3G/EDGE" for one of two cameras I have setup in my separate homes. Each network has but one router each. Here are the specifics.

All hardware is running latest versions of icam and source.

iPhone #1 can view both homes via wifi from home #1 wifi.
iPhone #2 can view both homes via wifi from home #1 wifi.
iPhone #1 can only view home #2 from it's respective wifi and both homes via 3G.
Any idea how to be able to view both homes via wifi from home #2?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
What are the make & model of your modems on each network? Some modems (especially DSL modems) also act as routers, so that might be the issue.

Flyguy001

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
Home #1 router is a D-Link DI-624 and home #2 is cisco lynksis wireless-N WRT310N.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
What about the cable / DSL modems at each house?