Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236660 times)

yourdailydose100

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
K, im new to the iCam Sorce and I just installed the program today. When I click to open the file it will show me the icon on my status bar but when I move over it with my mouse it goes away and will not even open any help please im a windows and android user and not the most computer compatible person out there...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »
It's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

toxicious

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »
I have this really weird behaviour: I can connect to the iCamSource when on 3G/Edge but when I am on a wifi (the same or just another wifi) I can't connect to the iCamSource.
I don't have multiple subnets on my own wifi, nor the other wifis I have tested. What can be the problem?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »
Please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com. Please reference this forum post and your username in your email.

aay

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Hi,
I have iCamSource 2.5 running on a machine where a Logitech and a Microsoft LifeCam are connected. When I connect using iCam from the local wireless network, I can view both cameras. When I connect externally, sometimes I can view both cameras but usually I can view only one of them. The error message I get is Source Connection Error: One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam broker server could not be connected to. I have configured port forwarding on my ADSL Router for ports 12000 to 12100 to the same machine.
Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »
Please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to us so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

mmp

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2012, 01:39:50 PM »
Can't seem to connect outside of my network (testing using iPhone 3G connections). It works perfectly when using wifi.

Here are the details:
Desktop - iCamSource installed on iMac OS 10.7.4
Router - Linksys E4200
Test machine - iPhone 4S with iCam app

Tried all these:
Auto-Config Router - Auto-Config Router is checked: UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000 (still wasn't able to access via 3G)
Had someone check from another location
Turned off router firewalls
Unchecked Auto-Config Router
Enabled Port Forwarding on Router and in iCamSource
Turned off iAntiVirus
Turned on iMac firewall, set iCamSource to be an allowed connection

None of these fixed the problem...  ??? Port Checker still says that port is blocked.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2012, 05:58:09 PM »
Can't seem to connect outside of my network (testing using iPhone 3G connections). It works perfectly when using wifi.

Here are the details:
Router - Linksys E4200

Tried all these:
Auto-Config Router - Auto-Config Router is checked: UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000 (still wasn't able to access via 3G)
Turned off iAntiVirus

None of these fixed the problem...  ??? Port Checker still says that port is blocked.

mmp is receiving support via email.

gmacnic

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
I am having close to the same issue as I see in many of these posts but with a twist.

Up to recently I have I have been able to access Icam from 3g anywhere in the US but not really used it at home attached to my WIFI.  But for some reason, out of the clear blue, with no changes to any equipment I can only get Icam when attached to my home WIFI or anyother WIFI network where I travel and can not seem to connect on 3g. 

I can on anyone elses WIFI anywhere and connect, but leave WIFI and go 3g and can not connect.  Any suggestions.

Gregg

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
A number of changes to any one of the networks involved, including your local network, phone network or your ISP network, could have this kind of effect.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

abronbibly

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »
Hello.. I've been using iCam since you guys first came out - what a great product!! I originally had everything working on a WRT54G linksys router, I was able to connect via both wifi and 3g/4g. I've recently upgraded to a newer linksys router, the EA2700, and now I can't connect to the iCamSource via 3g/4g cellular, I can only connect when on a wifi signal. So I've read all the posts in this thread and I've tried just about everything and it still won't work.

I've logged into the linksys web interface and made sure the UPnP is enabled and NAT is also enabled. So I added ports 12000 - 12100 to the Port Range Forwarding section and also have that enabled, but when I check port checker for any ports (like 12001) it's coming up blocked. I've tried to uncheck "filter anonymous internet requests" and "filter multicast" and all of the other "filter" checkboxes, but nothing seems to work. I spent hours on this yesterday trying to get the portchecker to say "open" on port "12001" and it still comes up blocked.

I don't know what else to try. It's almost like the linksys router is still blocking the ports even though I've added them and enabled the port range forwarding. I've also noticed that when I try to use multiple cameras on wifi, it doesn't work. Only 1 camera source will show up and the others look frozen - not sure if this helps troubleshoot but I figured I would mention it.

You'll probably tell me to email a screenshot to the support email (like you did others), so I've already done that and have referenced this thread with my username so you can help via email. Thanks!!

abronbibly

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »
I got it working.. The culprit was the Vonage device. It goes inline between the modem and the router and it was double NAT'ing and causing a conflict. If you plug in the Vonage device into the router instead and plug the modem directly to the router, then it doesn't block the 12000-12100 ports and works perfectly.

So anyone with Vonage - plug the Vonage device into the router as another device - instead of the modem into the Vonage and then the Vonage into the internet port on the router. The Vonage device will still work despite what Vonage support tells you, you'll still get a dial tone and the voice quality is exactly the same.

haydenshouse

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »
I am having the same issue as well.

Desktop - iCamSource installed on iMac OS 10.6.8
Router - ZyXELPK5000Z
Test machine - iPhone 4 with iCam app + ipad with icam app

Tried all these:
Auto-Config Router - Auto-Config Router is checked: UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000 (still wasn't able to access via 3G or local WiFi- when on on the same network with my iphone)
Turned off router firewalls + turned off computer firewalls

I still am getting the "broker connection error"

Yikes!

Please help!

Here are the details:
Router - Linksys E4200

Tried all these:
Turned off iAntiVirus

mmp is receiving support via email.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
I got it working.. The culprit was the Vonage device. It goes inline between the modem and the router and it was double NAT'ing and causing a conflict. If you plug in the Vonage device into the router instead and plug the modem directly to the router, then it doesn't block the 12000-12100 ports and works perfectly.

So anyone with Vonage - plug the Vonage device into the router as another device - instead of the modem into the Vonage and then the Vonage into the internet port on the router. The Vonage device will still work despite what Vonage support tells you, you'll still get a dial tone and the voice quality is exactly the same.

We are glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
I am having the same issue as well.

Desktop - iCamSource installed on iMac OS 10.6.8
Router - ZyXELPK5000Z
Test machine - iPhone 4 with iCam app + ipad with icam app

Tried all these:
Auto-Config Router - Auto-Config Router is checked: UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000 (still wasn't able to access via 3G or local WiFi- when on on the same network with my iphone)
Turned off router firewalls + turned off computer firewalls

I still am getting the "broker connection error"

Yikes!

Please help!

Are you receiving the Broker Connection Error or the Source Connection Error, when you are unable to connect?